Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I suspect Speckled Sussex could have been used to improve size or color ,but it can be overcome,as yellow leg to yellow legs breeds yellow legs.With selection.It is too bad you cannot mate them and keep working with them.They are very attractive variety that needs more followers.

Quote:
Hi stranger!
Interesting we have a white "EE" with leghorn in it that my boys named moon for a while. (Then the name changed to snow bell.) Your bird looks leghorn to my uneducated eye..
wink.png

Some one asked a few pages back if a 6 foot fence was high enough to contain a crafty leghorn. IMO no my white EE will fly straight up from my feet to my shoulder. I am 6' It can easily clear a 6' fence. (And will if a fence is put up..)

Thanks everyone for this thread I have been finding it very educational. I look forward to some rosecomb leghorns one day.

ON

So I just got in my new batch of fluffies, and along with my australorps, I got in 3 little exchequer leghorns! Two pullets and a roo....though since I just got them, I can't tell which is which! XD No pics yet...sorry!!! But soon!!
smile.png

I have heard that some people have made sound proof rooms with the right material and insulation,hence they can keep a few roosters caged in the sound proff rooms for breeders.I know leghorns can climb wire ,they fly and climb with their claws,and will go over fences that are not closed or wired tops.

A Kodak moment Not sure how many have hatched yet she's keeping them well hidden She's also one of my top layers making her Super Chicken
35655_baby_legs_004.jpg

Quote:
Did you get them straight-run? That's pretty exciting, not really knowing what you're gonna get. lol.

So I finally got some pics of them! This was the day after I got them!

Look how little! lol
1007.jpg

Showing off their markings
1005.jpg

Face shots
1003.jpg

Profile Shot
1001.jpg

My three exchequers with the australorps
1016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom