Post picture of your turkeys!

auburn turkeys changing colors,dont ask me how they do this,this turkey starts in oct,brown at the april hes a golden brown???

he is the same turkey,not a joke,i have two other auburn toms doing the same thing

I just bought four poults a couple days ago...

These are the Blue Slates, Louis & Ana

This is my Chocolate named Coco

The last is a Bourbon Red I named Cinnamon. This one is actually the reason I bought the poults at the feed store. I opened the cage door and all the others ran away then out of no where this one came hoping and bouncing towards me and literally hopped into my arms so I just had to keep it lol and find it some friends.

On the way home the Blue Slates kept playing peek-a-boo in my hoodie pocket lol
Those are SO cute!

auburn turkeys changing colors,dont ask me how they do this,this turkey starts in oct,brown at the april hes a golden brown???

he is the same turkey,not a joke,i have two other auburn toms doing the same thing
So cool! I know in pigeons the chocolate/brown color fades allot in the sun, not sure if it does in other kinds of poultry too. But his colors look just like how my pigeon does before and after a molt

all color through out the year,the only bird that does this,hens stay the same color,auburn

That's weird
hmm.png
idunno.gif
then I have no idea why that would happen. It looks cool though

We keep Bourbon Reds. Here's our hens checking out their new lay box.

And here's our jake looking handsome:

Turkeys are so much fun. We love their personalities, so curious and silly.

Last edited:
i guess i have the only breed of turkey that does this,louisiana auburn turkey
My toms start the season all dark and pretty, the sun bleaches them out through the summer, more than the hens, I'm assuming because they are always displaying and catching the sun. In the fall they molt and become darker again. That would be my guess what's happening.

good guessing,but that not the answer,i have plenty shade here,most of the time they are among the trees here,i have sun in my pasture,they rarely go there,any other guess's from anybody?

Back
Top Bottom