Post Pictures of Chickens that need to be Sexed Here!

Pics
Is that

Okay... that is a ridiculously long neck. The wattles and comb are very red, but not overly large. I have a few Asian Blacks with that much red and comb/wattles at the same age. I also have a 5 week buff that's definitely a cockerel.

Your bird overall says early bloomer Pullet to me, but that neck is super long and has me on the fence.

Right now, I think you have a Pat. You need to give it to either lay an egg or crow. I'm a first time chicken person, so I'm curious what happens.

Early bloomer cockerel buff at 5 weeks ( he has been crowing or trying to since week 4)
View attachment 2214073

Asian Blacks at 12 weeks ( I know apples and oranges comparison)
View attachment 2214077View attachment 2214080
All the Orpingtons I normally get are usually early bloomers, the cockerels I'm talking about. This one is just so different from what I'm used to.

The feet and the look of the face look boyish to me. But I have had boyish looking hens.
You're right, the neck is long.
But it should have saddle feathers and a waaay bigger comb by now.
The tip of the comb still looks a tiny bit pale. And small, close together. Wish I'd taken more pictures as my previous buffs got older. Well I will from now on.
Your buff is the most confusing bird I ever came across.

The feet and the look of the face look boyish to me. But I have had boyish looking hens.
You're right, the neck is long.
But it should have saddle feathers and a waaay bigger comb by now.
The tip of the comb still looks a tiny bit pale. And small, close together. Wish I'd taken more pictures as my previous buffs got older. Well I will from now on.
Your buff is the most confusing bird I ever came across.
It confuses me too, you're not the only one :lol: .

I'm using Orpingtons for an Orpington color project I'm doing.
0116201424.jpg
20200621_152412.jpg

Hmm, could I get some closeups of their comb? Sorry about all the pictures I'm asking you to take. If I was judging by behavior it looks like the first two are shying away from the camera, which could be signaling girl. But that is not always accurate.

These are 11 week old Rhode Island Reds. Do I have pullets or cockerels?

Attachments

• chickens001.jpg
    chickens001.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 16
  • chickens002.jpg
    chickens002.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 15
  • chickens003.jpg
    chickens003.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 15
  • chickens004.jpg
    chickens004.jpg