Post pictures of coops while building...? Or when completed?

MyLittleRedCoop

Songster
7 Years
Jun 21, 2012
My Coop
My Coop
We are first time chicken owners, and my DH, oldest son & FIL are working dilgently to complete our coop.
Do most people post pictures of their coop as they are building it or after it's all done?

And... Thank you so much to all the people who have posted pictures of their coops so we could have some idea of what we needed in a coop! This website has been such a fantastic source of information!

I've seen a 50/50 split when it comes to coops. I prefer seeing people posting as they go along because it gives even more insight into what goes in to making that particular coop.

I like to see pics in progress as it lets you see the order things were assembled. That can be some real insight on coop building if one has not done one before or have seen one go up. I put the structural siding on my walls before I raised the wall because of pics I saw... glad I did because I had to side the short sides of my coop after they were up (due to needing to nail it to the front and back walls), and putting the siding up while the wall was vertical was much harder. LOL

I think it depends on the person, to be frank. I would love to see 'partially built' pictures of the coop your family is making. =) We gave up on the 'built it ourselves' concept and just ordered one...it was cheaper anyway and hubby hours just doubled at work - so building one was a no go anyway. lol

Show those pics!!
celebrate.gif

Thanks for the answers, everyone!

I added pictures (and hopefully helpful building tips!) of what we've got so far. I'll be sure to enter our coop in the spring contest when it's done. (I don't think it will make the deadline for this one, but we can try?!) I'll also add pictures as we make progress on the coop.

Chicky Bang Bang, The nice thing about having it ordered like that is that once you get it, it's up and running right away.
wink.png
My neighbor did that, and hers even came painted, inside and out! I'm not a good "waiter". I'm ready to start moving everyone in, and the run isn't even done, yet!

I always forget to take pictures as I'm building my coops guess because I'm to busy working on them. But one bit of advice I can give you is make sure its totally ready before you get your birds. I'm talking coop, run, nest boxes, waterers, feed trough,roost, & apron around the entire structure to keep out digging predators & don't use chicken wire.

Thanks - Lol! We already have 4 Australorps in a small all-in-one coop with enclosed run next to where the larger one is going.
smile.png
The chickens in my avatar photo are mine.

That's the beauty of being the DW... I bring out glasses of cold water and snacks. And have plenty of time to take pictures when I'm outside hanging up the laundry! Every once in a while I'm asked to use a shovel, or hand up this or that. Once the siding is up, I'll get to start painting. Woo hoo! I am ready and waiting!
celebrate.gif

This website has been a treasure trove of useful information. We are definitely planning to use all 1/2" metal fabric for the run (with wood frames), gate, screen door and all windows. Run will have an apron (about 2 ft) of rock and metal fabric.

And... Ta-dah! Here it is! In all its partially-done beauty... May I present to you: Da Coop!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/da-coop

Back
Top Bottom