post pictures of your coops

Here's the link to my coop page:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=167-Minnesota_Coop

I need to update though 'cause I finished the runs except for the pea gravel on the floor.
smile.png

If anything I still need MORE rooms!

Thanks Speckled
smile.png
To the left of the small coop is another, very large coop that is the same color, it belongs to my friend (I'm the stable manager here, live on the property) Anyways, one of my friends came over and saw the new coop and said "Isn't that cute, the chickens got a storage shed"! HA!

Last edited:
Quote:
I found the metal roofing at a used building supply store I loved the red roof, too bad they didn't have enough to do the whole roof but i'll just face the red towards my house
smile.png

They also had some metal panels at the hardware store but not the 90 degree cap which I think if you have a peaked roof is essential to keep out the rain

Wow, I love all these coops! Some of them are just gorgeous! My husband has been working on building our new coop for a month now. When it's done,,,I'll show it off. He added the roosting bars today. It's coming along...he build it from ground up as I'm sure most of you did. Since he's rarely home...it's moving way too slow for me but I'm glad to have one at all. My chickens aren't in a pen during the day. They free roam the yard but there's a big fence around property. I haven't had any preditors so far. We have a wooded area sort of too. They always roam back to their coop for the night at around 6pm. So cute to watch them turn in for the night when it's still day light outside. They won't come back out once they are up either. I keep them locked up at night so nothing can get them in their old coop but I'm hoping they will enjoy the new one once it's complete. Julie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom