post pictures of your coops

Man, I have some SERIOUS coop-envy now!

WoodenPony, how much would your DH charge to fly out to So. Cal and build me one just like yours??

I have only a small amount of space to play with, so here is my starter coop and run:

1271762033_133a3c0899.jpg

Well, they quickly outgrew that run so two weekends ago, my DH and I built this new one. We are carpentry-handicapped so I'm pretty proud that it hasn't fallen down yet!

1572976528_3287bb90a2.jpg

1572089023_c61224c06f.jpg

Yes, I built it pretty much myself..My brother did most of the lumber cuts for me and I put it togather. He made the door and trim out front as thought it would give it some character! I used the plans on build it yourself website I just moved the chicken door and window to the run side so I wouldn't have to walk through the run to clean out the house and the window would be protected from preditors.
Boy, It was hard work, I have new respect for construction workers.

We just finished the coop today! Thanks hollyclyff for inspiring us to transform our old wooden swingset into our new coop. It is insulated, has vinyl flooring inside, and the fencing is buried about 9 inches on all sides. There is a vent at the top that is closed right now (it's getting cold here). We painted it to match our house.

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

you guys all have very spoiled chickens mine live in a tractor with a movable plastic fence and flight netting. I dont like the Idea of a stationary coop and all that cleaning.

henry

Back
Top Bottom