*Post pictures of your duck pen/coop!!* :)

this is my kiddos set up.
4 call ducks, 3 silkies. and 6 peas coexist in it for now.
hoping to get the ducks and chickens their own pen this summer.
it is just one of those sheds from lowes. and while it works I HATE IT. the track gets clogged up all the time with bedding. but does hold heat in winter. .
the pen is 8 feet high , and not sure on the other measurements

Interesting! My challenge is that the roost is L-shaped and there is really nowhere for the water/waste to go except under the floorboards at a few areas. So I sweep or rake most of it out daily and use the material in my flower beds, as we were mentioning. Thanks for the tip on the lime. Do you spray with something in addition to hosing it out? It seems like it would be a little fresher smelling if I could spray something non toxic into the flooring area weekly....I was using vinegar for a while!

No, no spray. The smell goes away after a cleaning with the hose nozzle on "jet" setting and moving the thing every few days to a new spot. Funny, the grass grows extra fast and green under spots where the coop rested for a few days.

I love your little pen and house for them! Wondered what that is on the green rope? Toy?

Aw thanks! It was a sweetcorn cob for them to peck at. They weren't to keen on it like that tho! They prefer it if we feed it to them by hand (spoilt!) or of we throw a cob in their pool to chase around. :)

Here is ours :)

Just finished one side of our duck pen. One side is for call ducks & the other side will house a few future muscovies. We converted our wood storage area after we no longer needed it. The calls are loving it! :D Hubby is building 2 inner houses for the bad winters we can get here. They will free range later on our big pond just in front of the pen.

Just finished one side of our duck pen. One side is for call ducks & the other side will house a few future muscovies. We converted our wood storage area after we no longer needed it. The calls are loving it!
big_smile.png
Hubby is building 2 inner houses for the bad winters we can get here. They will free range later on our big pond just in front of the pen.

Very nice. and love the view of the pond. your Canadas or just some dropping by?

Back
Top Bottom