Post Stories of Your Flock

One day (probably about 2 years ago), I was waking around the yard with my parents since they decided to stop up and visit. They love checking out the garden and watching the flock run around. Well, we had just gotten out back and my mom looked at the coop and said "What's that?" I had just lost a bird the day before to a hawk and low and behold, there was a hawk, trapped in my run! It must've flew in the open door and couldn't figure out how to get back out! I had 2 girls trapped back in a corner so I told my daughter to run and get a towel and I marched in to the run. I got my ladies out and trapped the exhausted hawk in a corner then used the towel to catch it and get it out. The poor thing was too exhausted to fight me and just let me hold it, wrapped up in the towel. My parents were amazed and couldn't believe that I didn't even hesitate. We put it in a crate and drove a few miles away to the State Park and released it. I hadn't had a loss to a hawk again though lol. It was a really rather neat experience! I don't know if the video will load or not but I tried.

FB_IMG_1580069118367.jpg
FB_IMG_1580069114125.jpg
FB_IMG_1580069128776.jpg
FB_IMG_1580069134091.jpg

One cold morning I looked out the glass sliding door. I see the dog where she always lays, but with a chicken shaped object by her. My big NN was a snuggled up with her! My NN was sleeping with the dog! I wish i had pic it was hilarious!😆

Back
Top Bottom