1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Post things you LIKE about the new BYC!!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by aoxa, Jan 13, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm so tired of reading all the negative things people have to say about the new forum. I would like to hear some of the things you LOVE about it! Please no negativity here.

I LOVE the ratings you can give on certain breeds, and how you can add a wish list of sorts to the breeds you want in the future!

2. Thespoiledchicken

Thespoiledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Long Island
    Splecheck... oops I mean spellcheck

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

I love thast I can look at all the active stuff and I can look at the unanswered and help people if I know the answer. Nothing like no one answers your email. There are tons of things here I LOVE! Its just gonna take time and re-learning. It will all work out. I have figured out how to make an auction and put picture up. People are more than happy to help because we are all in the same boat! [​IMG]

Quote:

4. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Spell check is great if I remember to use it...

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    For myself I love the whole thing. Part of that may be because I am computer technical minded, and had lots of "practice" time in the sandbox. But I love every feature, whether I will use it or not, or even just rarely.

The process for posting photos is incredibly easy, and if I want a picture private and still want it stored on the internet, I can use Photobucket. Otherwise, I'll just uncheck the little box.
    I love the fact that every member gets unlimited PM and photo storage space!
    I love the like button! [​IMG]
    I love the couple new smileys. (Though BYH, TEG and SS have some pretty cool ones that a bunch of us wish were added here... hint hint... x])
    I love the general ease of finding posts by certain members, either through their profiles or by following them.
    I personally love the "Who's reading" box. I like seeing who's interested in the topic as well.
    I don't use the spell check.... [​IMG] But it's a cool feature for those who do!

So yeah. I pretty much love the whole new setup, and am thankful for every member. It'll grow on ya...

6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    We could do that on the old platform too - but I do think it is easier to find the unanswered posts now.

I like the multi-quote, and the lists, and the ability to block or follow a user. Lots of other stuff too, but those are the first things that come to mind....

7. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I like the subscribe, who else is looking at the thread, spell check, the daily BYC stats, and the overall new appearance of BYC. Also the preferences. There is just too much to list.

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    LOVE the multi quote!!! I also like the visual cue via blue shading of threads you've posted in. Makes it super easy if you just want to catch up on stuff.

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I forgot about that! Yes, that is very helpful :)

10. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    i'm loving the search bar it works so much better then the old byc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by