Post your adds for OHIO Wanted or for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
lilcrow,
You don't like her birds very much do you? LOL!!
big_smile.png

Is she from around here? My friend won't be showing
them. Just for herself for eggs and babies. I told her
she should get some nice ones that way if she wanted
to she could sell the babies but.... let me know what
she says.
thanks again!!

I checked with Mandy and she doesn't have any blues and as I thought, she's out of blues period. She's now doing only splash and mottled. I talked with her about my non-showing birds and of course she told me I should let them go. I know that if I'm going to be showing, I will eventually have no room for anything that doesn't fit the "program." That means I have two blue and one black pullet that don't fit. I keep looking at Gracie, the lightest of the three and I wonder if she'd make it in someones lavender program.

Well, I went and took some pictures.

This is Gracie, the one that I think would be interesting in a lavender project.
gracie5.jpg

gracie2.jpg

This is the pullet that is simply a very pretty light blue pullet with one of the best dispositions of the bunch. She's such a love.
gracie.jpg

Just for my fun I thought I'd put up a picture of one of my prides. This is Beau my blue cockerel.
beau1.jpg

beau1.jpg

I may be interested in buying a black or white Serama of good quality, either gender. The black can be mottled, but I don't want any red in it. Silkied would be a plus, but I don't want any frizzled at this time. Thanks!

Thank you Jen. I kinda like him
tongue.png
plus he's such a sweetheart. At least at this point, there isn't a mean bone in his little body and he's all boy. He's sexually active, so his sweetness isn't just because he's too young. I've had some punk roos.........as you know, and it's so nice to have a one that isn't constantly attacking my legs when I go in the run, or biting me when I pick him up. Gads I hate that!
somad.gif

HA! I did get bit yesterday, but it was my own fault, stupid me
gig.gif
I stuck my hand right in the middle of two roosters going at it. What was I to expect? Duh.....
lau.gif
It wasn't even aimed at me, I had my gloves on and it drew blood. I decided things were getting to rough, so I separate them. I had hoped I could put my birchens and columbians together because of this cold snap we're having. I put them into an open run that was neutral territory for both, but they were having no part of it.
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way. I found out that my idea of Gracie working in a Lavender project won't work, because blue and lavender are two entirely different genes.
Lavender comes from a dilution of the black gene and blue comes by way of the splash/black breeding.
th.gif

Oh well, there must be a place for her, she's so pretty, or maybe I've just got my blinders on.
hu.gif

Quote:
Ok my friend told me that she just got a trio of blue so she doesn't need that color but she is wanting
the mottled color. I think I am spelling that right??? Does Mandy have any of these?
thanks again.
Also she is still wanting the BLRW.

Quote:
Those little Serama are soooooooo cute!! Are you the one that got that great roo from up at the Nationals or
am I thinking of someone else? I no you got the great shoes! LOL!!!!!

Quote:
Those little Serama are soooooooo cute!! Are you the one that got that great roo from up at the Nationals or
am I thinking of someone else? I no you got the great shoes! LOL!!!!!

Hi everybody I'll be watching this thread since Im just across the big creek and make trips to different locations in ohio quite often!

Are you talking about the one that one grand champion at the nationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom