Ended Post Your Best (Worst) Chicken Molt Pictures - 2023

Pics
This is Puffin this morning. She looked worse last week but I didn't manage to get a decent photo of her, poor thing.
Puffin moulting.JPG

This is Puffin this morning. She looked worse last week but I didn't manage to get a decent photo of her, poor thing.
View attachment 3688407
She's looking pretty rough today! Hopefully she's not too chilly. Thanks for entering! :)

Allow me to present Mohawk, aka Mo, or what’s left of her. :lol: This poor girl literally has four or five wing feathers left on each of her wings, but she still manages to be bad and get in a nesting box at night…:rolleyes: She’s one of my most unfriendly, standoffish birds, but for the past couple days, she has wanted to be cuddled. Who can blame her, looking like this when it’s 20-something degrees outside?
IMG_3354.jpeg
IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3342.jpeg
IMG_3332.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg
IMG_3340.jpeg

Forgot to add, she’s a mixed breed, half Silver-laced Wyandotte and half Ameraucana. She’s a half sister to Holly, who I’ve already entered. :)

Holly is trying to win this contest again. This poor little hen is only two years old, and her second molt isn’t any better than her first one was. Thankfully it’s not too cold here. Oh yes, and she’s a mixed breed non-frizzle. :)
View attachment 3675657View attachment 3675647View attachment 3675648View attachment 3675649View attachment 3675651View attachment 3675653View attachment 3675654View attachment 3675656View attachment 3675658View attachment 3675659

Speaking of Holly, she’s been looking quite nice lately.
View attachment 3690973
Holly is definitely looking much better these days, beautiful sheen to her feathers! :love Thanks for the update on her!

Allow me to present Mohawk, aka Mo, or what’s left of her. :lol: This poor girl literally has four or five wing feathers left on each of her wings, but she still manages to be bad and get in a nesting box at night…:rolleyes: She’s one of my most unfriendly, standoffish birds, but for the past couple days, she has wanted to be cuddled. Who can blame her, looking like this when it’s 20-something degrees outside?
View attachment 3690967View attachment 3690968View attachment 3690969View attachment 3690970View attachment 3690971View attachment 3690972
Forgot to add, she’s a mixed breed, half Silver-laced Wyandotte and half Ameraucana. She’s a half sister to Holly, who I’ve already entered. :)
Oh, poor Mohawk! She is definitely looking rough these days. She will be a beauty when she's done with her molt. ❤ Thanks for entering!

Back
Top Bottom