post your chicken coop pictures here!

I was going to buy all the parts and let my husband make one, but then I saw these on ebay that were already made. The guys who makes them has lots of different options like solar, 110v, photocell, timer... I just bought one. It's a linear actuator that opens and closes at dusk and dawn. I'm loving it so far.

We have 40 full grown chickens and I have 25 baby chicks who will be joining the group. We have 5 acres and they all free range. Thanks for your comments! Here's a few more pictures! I like to paint...

0.jpg
Here is a video tour!!

I was going to buy all the parts and let my husband make one, but then I saw these on ebay that were already made. The guys who makes them has lots of different options like solar, 110v, photocell, timer... I just bought one. It's a linear actuator that opens and closes at dusk and dawn. I'm loving it so far.

[COLOR=333333]I was going to buy all the parts and let my husband make one, but then I saw these on ebay that were already made.  The guys who makes them has lots of different options like solar, 110v, photocell, timer...  I just bought one.  It's a linear actuator that opens and closes at dusk and dawn.  I'm loving it so far. [/COLOR]

Must be nice. I am my door closer
1f609.png

bow.gif
thank you..... found it.

and a link to all the parts for us DIY'ers

A link to 8 inch stroke but they go up to 24

I have a couple of uses besides chicken doors. thank you so much

deb

[COLOR=333333]I was going to buy all the parts and let my husband make one, but then I saw these on ebay that were already made.  The guys who makes them has lots of different options like solar, 110v, photocell, timer...  I just bought one.  It's a linear actuator that opens and closes at dusk and dawn.  I'm loving it so far. [/COLOR]

Very nice chickens, set up and door opener!!
Love the painting, that talent runs in my family too.

Well I almost had a tragedy this morning. The door to my brooder room was ajar and I caught my cat going into it. My brooder is open on the top and she could of had baby chick surprise for lunch. I've spent the last hour adding a top. Once I get more hardware cloth I'll replace that wire. A few pieces of 1"x3". An old baby gate with sliding side, some wire and screws and my babies are safe once again. I even built them a roost bar as seen in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom