post your chicken coop pictures here!

My Coop is far from "pretty" and right now it looks even worse as the sides are partially shingled, lol (as is the roof now) and I didn't get a chance to paint it before the snow hit.. but it was made almost entirely of recycled materials and cost us a total of $50.00 plus an afternoon. Nothings square but it keeps the chickies safe for the night and offers some relief from the elements during the day. The run cost us about $100.00. The posts were given to us, and the wire was $89 for a 100ft roll (still have more than half left over) plus the 5 boards we had bought, and only used four. In the spring we're going to build an external communal nesting box, so until the interior is totally finished i'm not going to take any photos of it :p

Last edited:
Moved new chicken coop finally..yahoo!!! It is now sitting all nice and pretty in my back yard. its to dark for pic. Found this shed about a month ago for $25.00 finally found the time and weather was beautiful. Tomorrow I will finish it and get my chickens moved in

are4yvum.jpg

Finally finished today

tap'd via mobile device

I've used two water cubes we had around the garden and linked them together with a plastic bucket so the little ones can move between them. With only the roosting bars made of wood I hope this will keep mites at bay for while. This coop holds 10 happy chickens. And I also wrapped the cubes in green garden screening to make them look a little nicer![/quote]

Is is difficult for you to get into the boxes to clean/gather eggs? What type of climate do you have?

@gambit2178 are those all chickens in your coop are do you have another kind of bird. I ask because i would love some quail as well as chickens

are4yvum.jpg

Finally finished today

tap'd via mobile device
do y'all think that vent hole will be enough? There is another on the other side same size .. Was going for cross ventilation .. The coop size is 4×4

tap'd via mobile device

1sqft of ventilation per chicken is recommended. Making sure no drafts blow on the roost area.
Where you cut your ventilation may depend on the prevailing winds in your area.
Any openings should be covered with 1/2" hardware cloth as some predators can chew right thru chicken wire.
Nice to have hinged coverings on ventilation openings too, so you can open and close as the weather dictates.

Great article on ventilation here.

The first pict is from the road view.(southside) you are seeing the from wall of the shed. A door was cut in alignment with the coop door...so it really has 2 doors.
The 2nd pict is from a back side view(northside). Is shows how we raised everything with an 18" cinder block and finished everything with a 1/4" hardware cloth which is also down 12" underground.
The 3rd pict is from the end view (eastside). Again showing how we raised the coop and wrapped it with hardware wire. Just above are the laying boxes.
The 4th pict is from the end view (westside). This is a good view to show how we tucked the coop up under the front wing of the shed. Litterally has 2 roofs and 2 south walls.
The 5th pict is just showing my 4 ladies investigating the mirror. LOL they really thought there were more chickens in there!
Below is the pict showing how it all began with a gifted coop and run. We attached the 2 pieces when we put them under the shed and raised them to make it easier on me and to give them a protected run.

Back
Top Bottom