post your chicken coop pictures here!

Not exactly the cheapest option but beyond easy to clean and maintain... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Large-Enclosed-Cat-Pan-Colors-May-Vary-Cats/10811473

Wow that seems like a great option!! I'll have to look into those. And do you think bigger birds can use them? Also, it seems like your coop is walk in and you go in to collect the eggs? Wonder if it'd work for outside access nest boxes? Maybe I could take the tops off or use something similar but different?

To each his own I guess but I like standing up to collect eggs. At least, floor level nests will ensure they dont roost in them :)

It's a full use of available space from floor to ceiling as designed, and with the nesting boxes down low the children can easily help collect the eggs while I have the brooder/breeding cages a convenient height for me to maintain...

Not exactly the cheapest option but beyond easy to clean and maintain... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Large-Enclosed-Cat-Pan-Colors-May-Vary-Cats/10811473

To each his own I guess but I like standing up to collect eggs. At least, floor level nests will ensure they dont roost in them :)

I didn't think of that but that is a lot of bending down to collect eggs but it also seems like an organized system and nice brooder box above :) or so i think?

I should also note mine are floor level to them but outside access for me. Though the coop sits on the ground (well on 2x6s and cinder blocks) so I wonder if it will be a little low for me to collect them but oh well

It's a full use of available space from floor to ceiling as designed, and with the nesting boxes down low the children can easily help collect the eggs while I have the brooder/breeding cages a convenient height for me to maintain...

That's a great idea, certainly seems like an organized system. And your kids or grandkids? :)

Sorry though, know you were talking to gpeters3.

And do you think bigger birds can use them?

All my birds except my peafowl use them, that includes the standard sized chickens, bantams and even some of the guinea fowl... Plenty of room in there for chickens...

Also, it seems like your coop is walk in and you go in to collect the eggs?

Yes, it's a 1800 sqft two story building, with 8 foot ceilings, heat, water and electric, I don't complain about having to go inside to collect the eggs :)

Wonder if it'd work for outside access nest boxes?

I'm sure you could design it to work by cutting a hole in the top or back of the litter box for access once you opened the exterior door or lid to gain access... But, then again just a bus pan or litter box without a top would work in that instance as well...

All my birds except my peafowl use them, that includes the standard sized chickens, bantams and even some of the guinea fowl... Plenty of room in there for chickens...
Yes, it's a 1800 sqft two story building, with 8 foot ceilings, heat, water and electric, I don't complain about having to go inside to collect the eggs :)
I'm sure you could design it to work by cutting a hole in the top or back of the litter box for access once you opened the exterior door or lid to gain access... But, then again just a bus pan or litter box without a top would work in that instance as well...

Wow, glad they're so popular by the birds and so much room in there :)

WOW! That is some coop! Bigger than some houses hehe I definitely wouldn't be complaining with a coop like that either! Do the chickens want a roommate? :p

Yeah, I was thinking of cutting a hole in the top but may just be easier to look into one without a top?

My children, currently aged 2, 4 and 6... My 24 yea old stepson is having a child in November, so there will be a 'grand kid' in the mix shortly,. but only as a visitor...

Wow that is a lot of young kids! I love kids but I'm not sure I could handle that many young kids at once! Lol although, the 2 are a little older at least :) congrats on the semi grandkid though. :)

For some reason I thought you were old lol whoops, sorry..

Back
Top Bottom