post your chicken coop pictures here!

Just finished our coop for our first pair of chickens. New to chickens and this site. I look forward to learning a thing or two.

It looks nice. You are going to need more ventilation. You're going to want approx. 2 sq.ft. of ventilation for your 2 chickens. There's not much area in those little holes.

Does anyone have any pics of there coop that is around the size of a 8x10 I would like to know what it looks like on the inside and out but either works so I know how much space I have or if I need to go smaller or larger
Mine is an 8x10 shed.

2, 8 foot roosting bars, off set by about a foot on the right hand wall.

1 8 foot roosting bar on the left wall. 3 nesting boxes on the floor (where my girls prefer to lay).

Big enough for cockerels to spar in.

And that dog crate is where a broody is setting.
This coop is currently housing 10 adults, 2 12-week-old pullets, and 4 6-week old chicks. 9 more chicks will be integrated in the next couple weeks. And then there will be the broody's chicks that are due to hatch within a week or so. Going into the winter, I'm planning on having about 16 to 18 birds.

[/IMG]

Made from reclaimed lumber. We currently have around $40 in it. Will post the final pictures also.

This is my 8x8 with attached 12x20 ft run. I have 10 birds ranging from 5-8 weeks old and wouldn't consider putting more than 2 more in. I have a nice roosting ladder and 6 nesting boxes but eventually plan to do external nesting boxes for them to have that much more inside room. I do have an automatic watering system which is the greatest expense I incurred besides new wire. I had accumulated the tin, the posts, the boards, hinges, screws, etc over the years for everything else. It still cost me $500 in feed, PVC, wire, watering system, etc.I can't get the other photo to post but they are all in a post just a few above this one.

Last edited:
Well I have Windows, wire, very little scrap wood, I have a few 2x4 I think I might look into building one instead of spending the money for a metal shed and still buy 2x4 to phrase everything out to hole and support the weight of the snow and there external boxes

It looks nice. You are going to need more ventilation. You're going to want approx. 2 sq.ft. of ventilation for your 2 chickens. There's not much area in those little holes.
thanks, I'm not sure if it shows in the pictures, but there's a 4x8 "window" on the side next to the fence.

Chicken run I'm working on for our 6 Brahmas. It's made of pallets and bed frames. Evidently need some lattice or chicken wire around it to keep them in! Going to cover the top too to keep them dry

Back
Top Bottom