post your chicken coop pictures here!

Ahhh i see. Thank you for the info!
1f603.png

Unsuccessful at posting pics. Im also a computer newb
I'm sure you'll catch on to things pretty quickly. It takes time. :)

There are a couple of ways of posting images. Towards the right-hand side of the menu bar above the "Reply" window you will see a "picture" icon...looks like landscape scene (first icon in the last group, on my screen). Click on that and it will give you several options. The first one is to upload and image from your computer...this might be the simplest technique. Using this option you simply need to know where your image is located on your computer, then go to that location, find the image file and select it for uploading. Simply follow the rest of the instructions (if there are any). :)

Another option is to use the URL (address) of images that are hosted elsewhere on the internet. Basically you can copy the address location of the image (like "www.pictureplace.com/photos/photo.jpg", etc) and paste it into the field "An image URL" and then click "Use URL"

Don't be intimidated by your computer, though. My mother turned her back on her first computer me and my father built for her with something along the lines of "I'll never figure that out!". She ended up going through several more new computers through the years and worked on them heavily (genealogy mostly). :)

Best wishes,
Ed

I have found that on some days my pics will show up until I hit submit and then they do not appear in the post. Come back a day later and everything uploads just fine.

Yesterday I finished the gable ends and attached the food hopper to the side. This morning I applied the roofing and brought home six day old pullets. They are black and blond sex linked. I like the sex linked because you get that hybrid vigor and they are good layers. I am not sure if I want more than six chickens. I think that is max for my little starter coop. I had sex link birds before. They are not too fancy but I wanted to be sure I had pullets.

This is the food box with the lid by the side. The cleat holds the lid in place. The chickens have to poke their heads into the box to eat so there is no waste. I can see how far they reach back to cause the hopper to keep dispensing. If they can't reach far enough I will widen the slot that they feed through. The slot is about 2.5" wide now. From my experence it should be fine. The waterer will eventually be up on a shelf with a perch. If they drink from the perch than the water will always stay clean.

Here is the complete coop. Now I have to get busy making my new birds a run.

This pic shows the roost and some inside nest boxes.

These nest boxes are about 12" square but the end ones are a little smaller. It's a banty box. If the hens don't like the size I can always make bigger ones.

The door is made with half lap corners and 1x to sandwich the wire to the door.

Here are the new birdies. They just came to their new place so they are a bit askeerdid. I gave them a fresh lettuce leaf from my garden and a zucchini flower.

I am keeping my old coop unless my dad wants it as a turkey house

I seen that @Sylvester017 asked what does my old coop look like sorry that this is a little late but I just now seen that. But anyways it's not old we just finished it about a month before winter and the last month of fall. It's a 4x8 I don't care for the color but it's what we had laying around to a least get something on it before winter came.

And In the top two pics you can see jacks mountain in the background through the trees that's how close we are to the mountain. It is really nice in the winter and fall to see the leaves and snow along the mountain. And the coop itself sets two feet off the ground and can withstand the 60 mile an hour winds we get setting up on a little bit of a slope on blocks the most it does in the wind is shake and vibrate because of the run attached to the house. And is right now housing all twenty of my chickens. So I haven't been getting any eggs because of them being crowded.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom