post your chicken coop pictures here!

First time chicken owners , already doing chicken math as you can see the SECOND chicken home lol

Well ya but that run is completely open air and that door looks a bit bigger than you save rage chicken door well it is to mine but still. That's surly has some good air flow with that run like that.

Well ya but that run is completely open air and that door looks a bit bigger than you save rage chicken door well it is to mine but still. That's surly has some good air flow with that run like that.
Your in Pennsylvania...it gets cold there, doesn't it? Too much moisture in the coop during freezing weather will cause frostbite. You have to get the moisture out of there and ventilation is how you do it. Figure up the total area of ventilation (square feet of screened/open windows, doors, and vents. Now divide that by the number of chickens that you have. It is usually recommended to have 1 square foot of ventilation per chicken. For cold weather the ventilation needs to be up high over the chickens' heads...you don't want a draft on them when it's freezing but you do want to get the moist air out of the coop....high vents around the top of the walls are good for this.

Best wishes,
Ed

Your in Pennsylvania...it gets cold there, doesn't it?  Too much moisture in the coop during freezing weather will cause frostbite.  You have to get the moisture out of there and ventilation is how you do it.  Figure up the total area of ventilation (square feet of screened/open windows, doors, and vents.  Now divide that by the number of chickens that you have.  It is usually recommended to have 1 square foot of ventilation per chicken.  For cold weather the ventilation needs to be up high over the chickens' heads...you don't want a draft on them when it's freezing but you do want to get the moist air out of the coop....high vents around the top of the walls are good for this.

Best wishes,
Ed

Yes when it gets cold out up by the rafters I put insulation in some of them. To help keep so,e of he heat in with the heat light and still let some air flow and days it gets a little warmer I open the windows up some also

Back
Top Bottom