post your chicken coop pictures here!

Fence done round the run, just got to sort the roof out now and the girls can move in!
Lovely fence! I must've missed the coop pics if anyone might direct me. :)

Here's a partially completed picture of my coop. I have since completed it, but haven't taken anynew pictures yet. This was back in September.

All the wood came from recycled pallets at work. Not the 48x40 kind, usually 5'x8', 4'x10', or 5'x10'. The half that is enclosed has a concret floor. It was already there so I decided to use it. The only things it cost me (other than time) was the roof, the mesh, nails and screws. Overall it's 27x15, with the enclosed area being 15x15. I'm going to add on a bit to the out door run, possible tunnels to different areas of the yard.

I don't let them free range. We have stray dogs, mink, coon, skunk, red tail hawks, possum and fox often seen in our yard.

I still need to finish the division in the run, the enclosed area is already divided. I'm going to keep eggs(hens) in one half and meat(males and/or broilers) in the other.

Jamie

LOVE your coop design - we're thinking of building something similar as we also have permanent predator problems. No free range for us! Plus with the snow load in winter - a peaked roof is a must! I'm looking forward to seeing your interior pics when you have it done!
caf.gif

Greetings fellow Backyard Chicken Peeps...this is my first post here. Love the BYC site and forum.

Here's a picture and diagram of my chicken coop...which actually serves double-duty for a bunny hutch. You can see an explanation of the diagram and some of the other things I've learned in the brief 1.5 years I've been raising backyard chickens here: http://redeemyourground.com/raising-backyard-chickens/. I love how our chickens have become part of our family identity. I look forward to reading more on this forum. Let me know if you have any questions on what you read. Take care, D.

Greetings fellow Backyard Chicken Peeps...this is my first post here. Love the BYC site and forum.

Here's a picture and diagram of my chicken coop...which actually serves double-duty for a bunny hutch. I love how our chickens have become part of our family identity. I look forward to reading more on this forum. Let me know if you have any questions on what you read. Take care, D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom