post your chicken coop pictures here!

its funny that you say that

its all realtive. I also gave you minimum wages.

You and I could not possibly live on that but.....

Bernie and Analou are paying off a motorbike on their salary. They do earn extra from profit sharing the copra but not buckets of cash.

Most people in the Philippines smile a whole lot more than in the USA.

Expectations are less. Public transport is cheap. Nobody but the wealthy have cars.

One of our employees - Aljay - we employed as a sponsored student. He earns the same rate as a domestic helper but we also pay his college tuition in a Bachelors in Animal Husbandry at a private college.

He will be committed to work for us for the same amount of time following his degree as it takes to earn it.

Bernie and Analou's 4 year old boy will also get full tuition up to masters degree should he chose that path.

It is possible for people to shatter the glass ceiling.
Well, the numbers you gave me could only have me guess....

Finally done, got all the painting done today and installed the new feeder, decided to put in a litter board for easier cleaning. Just have to wait for the 3 feet of snow to go away and move it out back.

Only a small one but my girls will love it! More room in this coop. Just got to get the panels round the run in the next couple of days. I'll take more pics when panels are up.

I built this coop over the summer so it was a little while ago, but I thought I would share some pictures from when it was first built, along with the plans I made on Solidworks. The run was hand drawn.

You may have noticed my plans don't exactly match what I've built, I changed a lot in my head. For example, I made the coop 8 feet instead on 6 feet long and I upped the size of the nesting boxes. Even the run plans are slightly off, as I changed the door design. I used all new materials and cut no corners in building this so it ran me around $600. I also have hardware cloth buried around the perimeter. Looking back, I wish I used more recycled materials.

If you plan to build a coop like this I would highly recommend making the nesting boxes off the ground, as I get a lot of dirty shavings inside mine. I would also highly recommend roofing the run part, as they don't go out in the rain or snow. I would also make doors a bit bigger, as I don't have a lot of access space on the side doors, and the doors to the run part of my coop are too low, I always hit my head.

Finally done, got all the painting done today and installed the new feeder, decided to put in a litter board for easier cleaning. Just have to wait for the 3 feet of snow to go away and move it out back.

Jetdog... That's a great looking coop ! By any chance, would you happen to have a couple of close-up shots of it ? And perhaps a few pics of the interior ? If there are other pics on this thread of it, what page ? :)

Back
Top Bottom