post your chicken coop pictures here!

This is the first coop, started about a year ago for our original flock of 15. We've since added a second smaller coop. Making plans now for the third as we've got 16 more chicks due to arrive in two weeks.

Added on to my coop and run. They now have 110 square foot of run! My six girls are so spoiled and loving their sand/pebble lined coop! I can't wait to landscape and add flower baskets this summer. I planted a bunch of box hedges behind the run and lavender on the sides.

Heres the coop.

One of the girls all together while waiting for the expansion.

the fun is doing it as cheaply as you can

the part of the worls my coops are located has very little junk to repurpose - most of it has already gone into peoples homes.

mine are made of lumber that we milled from spent coconut trees that we had on the farm, hardwood log skins from a cousin, thatch and bamboo from the river bank. I had do pay for nails, mesh some hollow blocks and a little plywood. 

The first coops. 2 8x8 duplex with 20 x 8 outside runs including sheltered under-coop area

The begining of the 5 coop row house - 6x6 coop 14 x 6 run

The add-on breeders 4x4 1ith 10x4 run

This is a wind break for the new garden made of woven coconut fronds.

We just made a duck house out of this.

I am making 3 grow-out coops - just sheds really using this. It will be good for 2 years which is just long enough to complete my chicken mission projects

Back
Top Bottom