post your chicken coop pictures here!

I'm in south louisiana to. My biggest issue was to keep them cool. In summer. In the winter I use a tarp to cover the nesting area, I'm a little embrace it's not as cool as all of yours. Lol it won't load the pictures.

As you can see, I also have a fan in the summer in addition to shade and very open coop. They can get very heat sensitive.

I'm in south louisiana to. My biggest issue was to keep them cool. In summer. In the winter I use a tarp to cover the nesting area, I'm a little embrace it's not as cool as all of yours. Lol it won't load the pictures.

It got down into the 20's here last night. Tonight it's supposed to get down to 14F. And I'm is South Carolina!
hu.gif

We got a little snow yesterday.

P.S. This is my 1,000th post!
old.gif

As you can see, I also have a fan in the summer in addition to shade and very open coop. They can get very heat sensitive.

I've been following the weather reports and it's unbelievable what's going on with the snow from the South to the North! In the West many temps are getting very cold but where Calif mtns should be getting snow this time of year the weather is forecasting heavy rain instead with flooding and mudslides threatened. Crazy!

Quote: Thanks. The basic design is an A-frame. I added the side dormers (side 'wings') so the chickens would have access to the entire floor. Whether this modification has it's own name...
idunno.gif

Each dormer can also be partitioned off to create a separate brooding area. here are two nesting boxes, each at near end of it's own dormer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom