post your chicken coop pictures here!

:yiipchick Loving it..........you go!   after you get it set up.....post some picts of the inside..  I love getting ideas.  Hoping to have a walking built in the near future!!:clap

I will post more pics as we continue getting closer to completion.
1f31e.png
I also love looking at others coops for amazing ideas.
1f424.png
1f414.png

My hubby is building our coop and is almost finished. We are new to chicken farming and are having a lot of fun getting started. The sides are lids that will raise up and we have 4 nesting boxes on each side. The coop is off the ground and will have a ramp attached for the chicks to come and go. The coop will be fenced in with an approx 8 foot area with room to add on later.
1f424.png
1f414.png
1f423.png
263a.png

My coop is 5' wide, 4' long and 44" tall. On the stand it will be 75" tall. It will house 8 chickens.
smile.png
1f414.png
1f413.png
That's a nice coop! Does the 5x4 include the nest boxes?
Nest space is not calculated as part of coop space, I'd lose 4 of the nests to increase the floor space.
4 nests is plenty for 8 hens and depending on where you live they might really appreciate that little extra floor space in inclement weather or predators problems.

That's a nice coop! Does the 5x4 include the nest boxes?
Nest space is not calculated as part of coop space, I'd lose 4 of the nests to increase the floor space.
4 nests is plenty for 8 hens and depending on where you live they might really appreciate that little extra floor space in inclement weather or predators problems.

Thank you for the suggestion. I thought each hen needed her own nest.
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png
(total newbie) lol I will have my hubby take one side of the nests out. Each side has 4 nest boxes. They will probably appreciate the extra room. :)

Greetings Fellow Chicken Folk!

A few weeks/months back, I posted some pics of my coop and I had several people ask for both interior shots and layout & renderings. I'm about to clean and repaint parts of my coop's interior, so I'll post those shots later. I have already posted a rendering of the layout...but not of the elevations...but I have now. To keep them all together, below you will find what I had already posted, as well as the new elevation renderings. Hope you find them helpful.

Stay tuned for the interior shots...and until then, "happy backyard chicken'ing"!

Take care,
Doug@RYGblog

Picture of Chicken/Bunny Area

Layout of Chicken/Bunny Area

Layout of Chicken Coop/Bunny Hutch

Front Elevation

Back Elevation

Right Side Elevation

Left Side Elevation

Back
Top Bottom