post your chicken coop pictures here!

My husband just finished ours. Can't wait to put our six new chicks in it permanently. They've visited on a few warm days.
1f604.png

nice

Hey there. I posted a pic of my pallet coop a few weeks ago, and some folks recommended I make the run bigger - so I took some advice from some of the other threads on here and built a pvc extension that we can climb in and hang out with them! Behold!

Yeah, the door isn't exactly the right size... I plan on fixing that haha

Hey there. I posted a pic of my pallet coop a few weeks ago, and some folks recommended I make the run bigger - so I took some advice from some of the other threads on here and built a pvc extension that we can climb in and hang out with them! Behold!

hey redneck style lol

That's one thing about posting your photo - you'll get a ton of opinions. In my case I didn't mind and got a couple of good references for our next coop house as our current one will need replacing in a couple years. A lot of good ideas from folks on here. I envy your pallets as we haven't been able to find any free or broken ones anywhere to make a couple more lean-to shelters for hiding. Everything seems to go to the recycle places nowadays!

How's your area re predators? Raccoons, Hawks, Foxes, Stray Dogs? Eventually if not soon you'll have to face those issues. A Stray Dog broke down our gate and screwed up the chicken coop wire so badly it couldn't be fixed. If a neighbor hadn't chased off the mutt we might've lost our hens! We've since put up TWO gates so if one breaks there's another backup gate.

We live in a city and have d**n Raccoons that come out of the city storm drains at night and some are as big as goats! Vicious nasty critters who kill for the sheer joy of it!

LOVE that you gave your flock more room!

Actually we live in a pretty quiet suburban area with not many predators. I've seen a handful of outdoor cats and some birds of prey but otherwise no other critters.

Oh and also we have one of these vicious beasts to protect our chickens ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom