post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. MackChick

MackChick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    BC, Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished up construction of the coop, but by the looks of other coops in this thread we need to get down to business on decorating!! Functions great and girls are happy :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    delaware
    well my dh is working hard for our new coop, we put side walls up yesterday morning, then he put up studs for back and front, we then put texter 111 on both, this morning he went out and put 2 windows in.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i am sure he is going to tell me this is the last coop to be built,

2 people like this.
  3. heartsizedfarm

heartsizedfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quite clear which is their favourite nesting box!

4. heartsizedfarm

That's a nice roomy space! How many chooks are going to get to enjoy that?

5. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    delaware
    not sure which ones are going in but we have 58 chickens and we have the camper coop which we have 28 in it and we are going to opening the gate up and just let them go to see who is going to the new coop.

6. AmyBrake

AmyBrake New Egg

May 6, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. waynem1983

waynem1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2014
    Gloucestershire, England

thanks for coming back on this. I have been a little worried about this. I only got them last week. If im honest I think this little hut is just too small for them, even though I only have the 2. They are both around a year old, so full grown and should know how this works by now!

I have attached some photos of the inside. The was no nest box inside so I built a small on as a temporary option, but in doing so I dont think I have left enough room for them to flap their way up. I assumed that at only 30cm high, they could simply jump on the nest box and onto the roost, but after checking the freshly painted roost bars, there is not a mark or scratch on them, so still assume they are not using it.

I do plan on building a proper nest box on the outside, this will open up more than enough space for me to build a small ramp. Bear in mind, during daylight hours the doors are always open, so this is sleep space only.

im busy sectioning off another part of the garden, in which im going to build another coop, I have just ordered the feathered boards, this one will be 5ft x 5ft, but on reflection, I will use the larger coop for my BO's (and get a few more! ) and use this smaller hut for the 3 smaller hybrids I will be getting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. heartsizedfarm

I like that gnarly branch for roosting.

9. DoubleMM

DoubleMM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2014
    Trying out the new run

[​IMG]