post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Yellowcoop1

Yellowcoop1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Well then I would think the net would cover it. I hear hawks all the time in my back yard, it will be interesting to see how many are really out there once I have a flock of tasty. Hickeys set up for them. I will be enclosing the top of my run with hardware cloth so they can't get in.

Enjoy your stunning coop!!!

2. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    What a cutie!!! [​IMG]

3. damiechucks

damiechucks New Egg

Jun 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Built this coop for my wife. This was my first chicken coop build and I looked through a lot of photos on this site for inspiration. So I felt compelled to add mine to the archives. I couldn't get any decent photos of the inside but I will post more soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I enlarged this one pic of yours and from what I can see you are using plain chicken wire around your run. I do see some hardware cloth looped around the gate, assuming you haven't fastened that down yet........BUT........

[​IMG]
    I can't tell what part of the country you live in (see my sig line below!) but from all appearances you most likely have predators...anything from possum, raccoon, fox, and of course hawks. That chicken wire will do nothing to deter them...they can chew through it like it was butter. If you do decide to replace that chicken wire with 1/2" hardware cloth be sure to leave about 10-12" at ground level, either buried at an angle or just 'out' from the run, covered with dirt, pavers, etc. That will deter raccoons especially. Just my input...best of luck!! [​IMG]

5. JBarker

JBarker Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2014
    Petal, MS
    This is my coop in the building stages. I built it in a weekend and had my barred rock hens the next. This is my first attempt with chickens. Photo heavy. Hope you enjoy. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

6. JBarker

JBarker Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2014
    Petal, MS
    Okay let me try this again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Chelle1108

Chelle1108 New Egg

Jun 23, 2014
    We have tin around the bottom of the whole pen. Just not in these pics. Hope that works. :)

Thanks!

8. Chelle1108

Chelle1108 New Egg

Jun 23, 2014
    We have put tin around the whole bottom. I hope that works!! :)

9. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Absolutely love the light you are going to have in there...Nice having it underneath the shade! You did good!!!!! Love it.[​IMG]

10. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont
    Looks great. Really like the view and light they will have when they can't (or don't want to) be out of the coop.

You don't need hardware cloth for hawks and it is amazingly expensive. I think Yellowcoop has the right idea with the netting.

You get a lot done in a weekend! Where is the roost board going to be? Given the roof slope, I would guess it will be on the high side but that would have the end of it over the last nest. Presumably you have a plan.

Bruce

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by