post your chicken coop pictures here!

This is my coop

wee.gif
Have cleaned up around the run area since this picture. Inside it pretty much complete and safe.....I have to finish securing some small holes that I think are not predator proof.....that pop door is secure.. all raw wood has at least one layer of poly stain/sealer on it before the rain is to get in here...AND I HAVE a 6 variety pack group of 7 weekers!!!
D.gif
2 black sex linked/2 red sex linked/2 EE.....LOL,,..My GD is going home Sunday but I really think I have to take tomorrow off, I'm so daggone tired....but she's so proud & happy about getting her grandmom to the point of having her chickens.! OK folks, except for the run being done........WE have "arrived"....!!!
lau.gif

wee.gif
Have cleaned up around the run area since this picture. Inside it pretty much complete and safe.....I have to finish securing some small holes that I think are not predator proof.....that pop door is secure.. all raw wood has at least one layer of poly stain/sealer on it before the rain is to get in here...AND I HAVE a 6 variety pack group of 7 weekers!!!
D.gif
2 black sex linked/2 red sex linked/2 EE.....LOL,,..My GD is going home Sunday but I really think I have to take tomorrow off, I'm so daggone tired....but she's so proud & happy about getting her grandmom to the point of having her chickens.! OK folks, except for the run being done........WE have "arrived"....!!!
lau.gif
You've done a bang-up job for sure! Question: That white/silverish area on the left...is that a window of sorts?

I don't see any chickens. Are they free-ranging?

Wow .. could it be that someone actually finished a coop to the point that it had water and did not yet have any chickens?

Nah, of course not, they have to be in a brooder or out free-ranging; being that prepared is unheard of
wink.png
We all know the chickens come before somewhere to house them
lau.gif

I see the door is open .. I vote for free ranging :)

You've done a bang-up job for sure! Question: That white/silverish area on the left...is that a window of sorts?
frow.gif
Actually that is just another plank of wood that happens to have paint on it. All the wood on the outside except for the window etc, is reclaimed wood from old sheds... But because they are old, they don't fit as snuggly as new one would, so I've got to run wire the inside to make sure the little ones are secure. Also have to wire the ventilation openings at the top. So proud of what the 2 of us have accomplished....and my GS worked hard for me during the week he was here so I can't leave him out.! They are the reasons it has chickens!!!
celebrate.gif
He is 14 and GD is only 11 but is as strong as he is!!! LOL But you know part of me can't wait for the guy that "promised" he was going to build it comes by to work on it! He is the reason we have had to work so hard on it... he didn't!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom