post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    This is great...saw your FB page....It looked like you used so many good predator proofing....so pretty!!![​IMG]

2. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    Haven't you ever had to shoo a dog out of the bathroom so that you could do your business in peace?? Its not just chickens that like privacy. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    beautiful!

1 person likes this.
  4. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    The darker the better and the higher the divided walls between nests the better. My concern is about rainy blowing wind from the outside open wire wall will get the nesting material damp. Tarp or board up that open wire wall so rain or snow doesn't blow into the nests. It's been 3 years and we're still trying to make improvements as we watch what our hens like or don't like. Sorry about your EE or Penny. Our Ameraucana is one of our sweetest chickens and submits to the 2 Silkies half her size. She is such a gentle girl. But every chicken can be different and a problem one just can't be left in a flock if she causes trouble.

5. lydzchix

lydzchix Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2014
    Stockbridge, GA
    Don't you just love their plans! We did the same only enlarged it a few feet Added electricity and poop board. There are pics under my article about it. Good luck with your chicks. Mine are 5 weeks now and have been in the coop for a week. Everything has worked out great!

6. Sheysd1

Sheysd1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2012
    Hutto, Texas
    We have finally finished the coop and run. There is a covered run and an open air run behind, which you can't really see in the photos. There is a pop door that leads from the enclosed run to the back run, large enough for the chickens to get through. The people door was just a pre-made door that we picked up at Home Depot. It was too tall so we just cut it down to fit the opening. We placed a solar panel on top of the coop which provides light at night inside the coop and we installed a misting unit in the run as It gets really hot here in the summer months. There are three nest boxes and two storage areas for small items. This chicken house currently houses 6 chickens but[​IMG]

[​IMG]

is large enough to accommodate at least 10.

1 person likes this.
  7. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Nice job and LUV the colors! But I'm confused a little...what is the exact size of the coop itself? I doubt it would house 10, especially during the winter months with the cold and all.

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm thinking that the Texas winter isn't all that harsh...

9. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I know that in Texas you won't be getting the harsh winters we do up here, but crowding of hens leads to bad behaviors, fighting, and then it's downhill from there...just thinkin' ... [​IMG]

10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Yeah, more room is always better. We have cut down to 6 pullets and a baby roo, from having three roo's, and the extra room that made for them really shows.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by