post your chicken coop pictures here!

Well the work on my yard has finally commenced.... Pulling down trees and brush to open the area up and deter snakes and rats. Going to be removing old fence and digging post holes tomorrow.

@T Jordon, i take it you are gonna be building a coop.. if so how big?

Yes. We are replacing our current one. It will be 4' x 8' x 3' tall with a covered area under it for bad weather foraging and roughly 1/4 acre fenced off for free ranging... A tarp will cover half the run for Air raid protection. A 4' chain link fence will separate the birds from the dog who will patrol the outer yard that will soon be surrounded by a 7' tall privacy fence and a skirting of hardware cloth running a 1/2 foot under ground and out 2'. Another 2' will run around the inside of the chicken run incase something does get past the dog.

That's the plan. Here's hoping my husband sticks to it.

Last edited:
Another 6 hours today. Did porch, stepsn and stones.
tomorrow i plan to do some more trim and to paint the interior. Sunday is the rest of the trim and the shingles. Monday caulking and touch up paint.

Too cold even at 65 tuesday for blackjack floor. So will work on poop boards and roosts.

Then i need to get supplies for the run and start that project.

Getting sick of this project.

Then i need to get supplies for the run and start that project.

Getting sick of this project.
Please be encouraged. We are all seeing the fantastic progress you've made!

Do you get much rain? I was looking at the air vents at the roof line and wondered if they will let blowing rain in? I know you have a lot on your plate but it's just something that I notice every time I see an update photo.

Your teal is very popular with the crowd!

Back
Top Bottom