post your chicken coop pictures here!

Oops. We are in the works of Biulding a coop from a 8x12 portable Biulding that was given to us. Our 70 pulets got to big for their brooder real fast and has but us in a coop bind. We have to work on it while its occupied. Hope it will big enough.

Here is ours which also has a lot of repurposed wood in it's construction. The coop is 6' X 8'. The run is 8' X 12'. The space under the coop is a nice shady space for them to relax out of the sun and measures the same square footage as the coop. Since this is our first coop / run and our first time to keep chickens, is it large enough for twelve chickens? The coop has six laying boxes and two eight foot long roosts.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll308/tedln/IMG_20130426_100909_891_zpsae982b4d.jpg

Thanks

Ted

Great looking coop, what size is it?
It is 4 x 8. Two nesting boxes. My husband made it without any plans and spent no money. He's quite thrifty! I love it and our chicks love it too! Only a few more weeks until they are out there on their own!

here's my coup that i have built over the last few months.

i added sand after these photos were taken.

Last edited:

This is our roost. 4 8 foot long. Built the ladder to day and waiting for the paint to dry.

The girls are taking to it well

They love their pop door and ramp.

We got the fan in the top and the top hat finished. The window I bought at a yard sale are now put in and my wife and daughter finished the paint job. Mr. Red loves the color ( he's a RR ).

Back
Top Bottom