post your chicken coop pictures here!

Wow! Some of these chicken houses are fantastic! Nothing like what we currently have. I'm currently in DIY mode here at home and after making a sofa the next step is rebuilding the chicken house so they stop being attacked by water rats

Hopefully I can share photos in the months to come
smile.png
camt wait to see what you come up with.mine was built for free from pallets and some scrap wood i had

camt wait to see what you come up with.mine was built for free from pallets and some scrap wood i had

I've got a basic idea in my head and my husbands grandfather has a heap of items around here I could hopefully recycle so it should be a fun experiment :) Thanks

This is my coop, just have to put on the finishing touches (attach lattice around bottom, put perch and poop table in and it is all done. Birds will be in it tonight (btw, they are in my basement and one of them laid their very first egg today! lol) This was done with 95% recycled materials. Only things we purchased was a 100' role of wire and the 2x3's used on the run. It is 8'x6'x6', the run from under the coop to the door is 8'x14'. I have 8 hens, 7 regular and 1 bantam. Will get pics when they are in. Took a LONG TIME, but it was worth it. Using almost all recycled materials (free) makes it even better, even if it took longer this way. Btw, this started out with pallets as the 'frame'. Oh, we also bought 2 plywood sheets for the floor. It has four windows (each wall has a window). We will be buying and installing smoke corriagated panels over the run. It has chicken wire on it as well. The rest is wired in 1/2" galvanized wire.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom