post your chicken coop pictures here!

Hi all, new to the site as a member, but have been lurking off and on for awhile. Finally decided to join and officially begin my backyard adventure.

This thread has been a literal obsession for me over the past 4 days, visiting it as often as possible for coop & run ideas. I am pleased as punch to finally post some pics of my own!

First we roped off the designated coop/run area. We can't free range the chickens unsupervised, so they need a substantial area to scratch and play and stretch their wings... hopefully this will do the trick.

We've had to modify the are a little bit so we can utilize a sidewalk that goes almost all the way around the run to help critter proof the girls.

For the coop we drilled an old upsidedown dining room table top onto the legs of a discarded pinic table for the floor and foundation.

We knew it was going to get heavy, so we moved it into it's place in the run area and framed it out there.

We used 2/3 of an old front door, so there was a built in window for light at least, if not for ventilation. There will be other windows that open and a ventilation space at the top since we're going to angle the roof for rain run-off. The rest of the framing is an old bunk bed frame we had in the shed.

There's still a lot to do, but I'll update as it progresses. THANKS to every person who posted their pics in this thread, it has been more appreciated than you know
bow.gif

Now to find us some chickens to appreciate all our hard work!

ETA: The run dimensions are going to be approximately 13' L x 8' W x 6-ish' H and the coop approx. 4' W x 3' W x 3 1/2' H. And we are hoping to get 5 chickens.

Last edited:

Picked up our 4 girls Monday night and their settleing in nicely,Put out 4 med sized brown eggs the next day,Also got to hear the Egg Song from one of them.She was loud and proud!! I thought their was something wrong with her until I seen a vid of what egg song sounds like..
I can't wait til I hear the "Egg Song", too!

. This the beginning if my new Duck pen.. A few more boulders and it will be finished!! I elevated the pond in a hill so better drainage and used a Large Dogloo half buried into hillside for more insulation.. Plus it has a cool cave like look too.. Them I made just a shade barn for ventilated shade ( for summer) I'm almost there!! Can't wait to let my Ducks in!!

Last edited:
. I will have to ad some pathways of small smooth river rock ( for their feet) because most of this Landscape rock ( pretty Coral color!!) I have since this Pic.. Moved in many more boulders... Ducks will move in soon!! :)

Hi all, new to the site as a member, but have been lurking off and on for awhile. Finally decided to join and officially begin my backyard adventure.

This thread has been a literal obsession for me over the past 4 days, visiting it as often as possible for coop & run ideas. I am pleased as punch to finally post some pics of my own!

First we roped off the designated coop/run area. We can't free range the chickens unsupervised, so they need a substantial area to scratch and play and stretch their wings... hopefully this will do the trick.

We've had to modify the are a little bit so we can utilize a sidewalk that goes almost all the way around the run to help critter proof the girls.

For the coop we drilled an old upsidedown dining room table top onto the legs of a discarded pinic table for the floor and foundation.

We knew it was going to get heavy, so we moved it into it's place in the run area and framed it out there.

We used 2/3 of an old front door, so there was a built in window for light at least, if not for ventilation. There will be other windows that open and a ventilation space at the top since we're going to angle the roof for rain run-off. The rest of the framing is an old bunk bed frame we had in the shed.

There's still a lot to do, but I'll update as it progresses. THANKS to every person who posted their pics in this thread, it has been more appreciated than you know
bow.gif

Now to find us some chickens to appreciate all our hard work!

ETA: The run dimensions are going to be approximately 13' L x 8' W x 6-ish' H and the coop approx. 4' W x 3' W x 3 1/2' H. And we are hoping to get 5 chickens.
celebrate.gif
Such a great idea....can't wait to see the picts of the progression and the inside !!!! Great use of recycled materials..... I am loving the idea.. it is giving me ideas!
clap.gif

Last edited:
. This the beginning if my new Duck pen.. A few more boulders and it will be finished!! I elevated the pond in a hill so better drainage and used a Large Dogloo half buried into hillside for more insulation.. Plus it has a cool cave like look too.. Them I made just a shade barn for ventilated shade ( for summer) I'm almost there!! Can't wait to let my Ducks in!!

. I will have to ad some pathways of small smooth river rock ( for their feet) because most of this Landscape rock ( pretty Coral color!!) I have since this Pic.. Moved in many more boulders... Ducks will move in soon!! :)
thumbsup.gif
I don't have ducks but this seems like it would be such a luxury resort for them... Such a neat place and great ideas...You could be a landscaper for all of our birds !!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom