post your chicken coop pictures here!

here is mine. It started as a shed

I know what you mean by the 'cheap imitation' duct tape. I go to my local hardware store (Ace Hardware) and I can still get the "good stuff" duct tape there. It's more spendy, but it's the best!
Better to spend twice as much 1/4 as often! I wish someone would make a microwave that cost $200 to $300 that would last 13 years (as did the one we got as a wedding present 23 years ago) than the ones they sell now for $100 that die in a year or two. I refuse to buy them any more.

Finally moved the kids outside to the coop ! I am still working on the run, but they seem to be happy...It an addition added to our existing garden shed. I was going to buy one at first and then really for the y money here could not find one I was happy with. Then during research ti build my own I realized that I already had the basic structure....Its 6.5' wide by 12' long, I figure 70 sq. ft. should be plenty for them to sleep in. I have 11 silkies , a cochin bantam and three wyandottes. they have been together since born and for the time being get along great. could change, only time will tell. I am sure that when the silkies finally show us their true genders we will be thinning the flock some I still need to add a window and a pop door but the ventilation is done and for the most part it is complete

using wall board for the interior walls when I get some down time.
NICE! I hope they don't peck the plastic to bits before you get that wall board up.

Here is the new vent I put in the door.

Two thoughts:
- Put a predator proof latch on that door, you want the coop to be absolutely safe.
- You'll need to have that blocked off in the winter or there will be a draft over the birds on the roost.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom