post your chicken coop pictures here!

An addition to our chickening project: Finally we can keep the chicken equipment organized.
This is great! I had an idea to do this too except yours is bigger and so much nicer.. I think chicken math should extend to the area where you need to store supplies...what size you think you will need just double or tripple it! Lol. Great job! Thanks for sharing :)

Here are a few pictures of the inside of the coop. The coop is inside of a run that is approximately 5 1/2 ft. by 3 1/2ft.

This is the large side door for easy cleaning. This is the sliding door for the chickens.

This is the egg boxes on the left. This is the perches to the right.

@rubie Thank you! It's been working pretty well. I put in a little storage cabinet in the coop when I built it, but I grossly miscalculated the need for storage. It's nice to have a place to keep the garden supplies that are most commonly used too, our real shed is a bit further from our yard, at the other end of the property (we live in a semi detached house).

This is great! I had an idea to do this too except yours is bigger and so much nicer.. I think chicken math should extend to the area where you need to store supplies...what size you think you will need just double or tripple it! Lol. Great job! Thanks for sharing :)

I love everything on here. I'm building a supply holding house, too. I'm planning it with a porch and be able to go inside to mix stuff. I use those deck tap screws bec they drill in smooth as butter and you don't have to make pilot holes. I got a cheap rechargeable screwdriver so I could use my drill just to drill, but the screwdriver was no good. I'm tired of switching out the screwdriver and drill bits in my drill. I'm on the lookout for another drill at estate and garage sales so I can keep one loaded will drill bits and the other loaded with screwdriver bits.
I love the decorative front blocks I got from Lowe's. For extra support I got the smaller square blocks. I built the rabbit hutch on legs but love the block foundation on the new coop. I'm sure the block foundation was cheaper. The blocks are amazingly inexpensive.
Blocks:

Versus Legs (bunny hutch):

@rubie
 Thank you! It's been working pretty well. I put in a little storage cabinet in the coop when I built it, but I grossly miscalculated the need for storage. It's nice to have a place to keep the garden supplies that are most commonly used too, our real shed is a bit further from our yard, at the other end of the property (we live in a semi detached house).

You are so welcome! You have inspired me ;)

Here are a few pictures of the inside of the coop. The coop is inside of a run that is approximately 5 1/2 ft. by 3 1/2ft.

This is the large side door for easy cleaning. This is the sliding door for the chickens.

This is the egg boxes on the left. This is the perches to the right.
Love the idea of truck liners. Where did you get them?

I also like the ice shelter conversion!! Super clever.

Thanks! It's still a work in progress but it's been a fun summer project. Once the trim is up I'll start in on making a covered run on the front side that can be detached for easy moving and I'll rearrange the kennel panels off to the left to give them more room when they can't be out ranging and so I don't have to enter the run to access the coop.

Back
Top Bottom