post your chicken coop pictures here!

I don't know if you're on mobile or the desktop but if mobile, scroll down hit desktop view for a second as it's easier to find that way.

But anyway, there is a page on the website that I think is just labeled "coops" or something like that and there are several categories, like small coops, medium, large, tractors, etc. Etc. And people post pictures of their coop and usually how they built it too. Not always but often. Sometimes they give them cute names too. And then also on your profile you can post pictures of your coop and progress too so there's a few ways. :)

Not sure what you mean by a coop page, I'm a newby here.
smile.png

Its kind of like an article.... with pictures....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

there is a button bar about half way down called [Add a chicken coop design] its blue. and starts a blog style entry for putting your design down. But read a few that are on the page first there are some that are really well written and some that are just good instructive pictures.

And Stupid me.....
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
from San Diego High desert

deb

Last edited:
I rarely have help....  work smart not hard.....
. Been doing that all my life. When I built the coop, pole barn construct I used chocks to support the end of 16' 2x4s as I nailed on the siding nailers and when I poped the first nail the end came off the chock and fell on my finger pinching it betw3en the 2x4 and top of the step ladder. I calculate about 400 pounds of force due to fulcrum effect. Couldn't get the leverage to lift it off and couldn't pull it out. When I got it out it was completely smashed to the bone and purple. Thought I would lose it but it still works, just numb.

Build photos of the log chicken house. Log joist mortised into rim logs below. Trap nests inside
Oh this just keeps getting better! :caf A lake too :love Wowser! What a view from the top she'll have, it looks so peaceful and soon with the hens softly clucking away below.... Thank you for adding these shots of the coop, especially the trap nests! Nice! How deep are they , what are your dimensions? (I will be making mine this winter, I hope) I love this trap, very simple, lets the hen look out. :cd. One suggestion if you do a coop build page...and I really hope you do......the title is the ONLY part that cannot be edited later, so double check punctuation etc. on that part B4 you hit submit. Anything else you can tweek by hitting the little pencil icon in the lower left of the page. Chipper

Last edited:
. Been doing that all my life. When I built the coop, pole barn construct I used chocks to support the end of 16' 2x4s as I nailed on the siding nailers and when I poped the first nail the end came off the chock and fell on my finger pinching it betw3en the 2x4 and top of the step ladder. I calculate about 400 pounds of force due to fulcrum effect. Couldn't get the leverage to lift it off and couldn't pull it out. When I got it out it was completely smashed to the bone and purple. Thought I would lose it but it still works, just numb.

OUCH!! :hugs
So sorry to hear that, how recent was this? Did you ever have it looked at?
I always wondered if there wasn't a thread on here about coop build injuries....

Chipper

I probably won't have time until December or January to do a coop page until things slow down a bit here. Son and I heading out this weekend for last moose hunt before freeze up. Plus wrapping up garden, late fall projects, work and all that good stuff.

I probably won't have time until December or January to do a coop page until things slow down a bit here. Son and I heading out this weekend for last moose hunt before freeze up. Plus wrapping up garden, late fall projects, work and all that good stuff. 

Take your time. I would love the nest box dimensions if you get a chance before then ;)

Good luck on your hunt!

Back
Top Bottom