post your chicken coop pictures here!

OMG! What have I gone and done? It's not just my wife anymore, I now have 5 more Ladies to care for... LMAO
[/quote]

My wife asked me if she could have a bird (I'm thinking parakeet). One day as we walked out of TSC the package in the cart was peeping.....That was about 5 years ago and here I am :)

My weekend project out of old barn cypress

Um is that a WEEKEND project or a bunch of weekends project? 'cause if it is the former, you get a LOT more done in a weekend than I do!

finially completed hen house and run

[/URL]

The last one is the menu for the predators that can't read, right?
wink.png
Good thing you have the hardware cloth protection
big_smile.png

Nicely done. Depending on what sort of predators you have, I wonder if you also want a latch on the run door near the ground so they can't pry open a gap big enough to squeeze through. Someone posted a picture of a coon that took quite the long path through very tight spaces to find a way into their coop. One of my girls that goes broody is a Cubalaya, maybe 2/3 the size of the regular large fowl I have. I would have bet against it but she managed to escape the broody buster box with the door "closed". It is held closed by a string and the gap was no more than 1 1/2" if that. She REALLY wanted out I guess.

From what I have read about egg production, I think I should be getting eggs anytime now. I want to make sure I'm doing everything right. Do the nesting boxes have to be enclosed? Mine are in what I call the nesting box "condo" inside of my combo coop/run. Do they need more privacy than that? I could modify it if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom