post your chicken coop pictures here!

When it comes to hatchery grade EE anything is possible even pure white eggs...

That is very true and I did think of that but I think he said both of the EEs are laying green? So that would rule out that. Unless of course he meant one EE is laying green and the other mix bird is laying green so there is one EE left that could lay white.

That is very true and I did think of that but I think he said both of the EEs are laying green? So that would rule out that. Unless of course he meant one EE is laying green and the other mix bird is laying green so there is one EE left that could lay white.

I have 3 green eggs, 1 jumbo from the older black hen and the 2 smaller ones from the fake auracanas. It is possible i doubled one of the leghorns by mistake. Sometimes they move laying times but mostly they all lay about the same time (different for each one) every day. I dont collect exactly the same time every day so there could have been an overlap. Ill keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. Thanks for the help.

I have 3 green eggs, 1 jumbo from the older black hen and the 2 smaller ones from the fake auracanas. It is possible i doubled one of the leghorns by mistake. Sometimes they move laying times but mostly they all lay about the same time (different for each one) every day. I dont collect exactly the same time every day so there could have been an overlap. Ill keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. Thanks for the help.

Ahhh okay, definitely can't be the EEs then. I do the same thing sometimes so definitely possible you doubled em. Would be interesting though to see if it happens again. Dont suppose any of them look like the white laying breeds? So maybe a mix if it happens again?

[/URL]

In Ocala, FL, that has to be like an oven in there most of the year
barnie.gif
Not sure how many chickens you have using that for eggs, but I figure as small as it is, it can't be too many... The reason I ask is because you could probably get away with just two nest boxes... take the bottom ones out, lower the top ones down about 1/2 way (it's gotta be hard for them to get up to the top ones with the doors closed). That will give them a little more floor room inside. You really ought to think about raising the front of that lid permanently and covering the opening with hardware cloth to provide ventilation. I imagine you could just screw a strip of HC to the lid edge, then prop it open with a 2x4 or something along that lines. When you'd open it all the way, the HC wouldn't interfere with you working inside I don't think. Nice use of a storage bin!
thumbsup.gif

We finished the door the other day. And yesterday cleaned out the inside. We had tools and fencing, nails, etc. Inside so took everything out, just have to sweep to get the rest of the nails and dust etc out then put down the linoleum for the floor. Got a 4' 2" wide remnant from Lowe's for like 15 bucks. I think he said it came off a 12 foot roll so should be 12 feet. The coop is 4x8 so works out perfectly. And actually, I think with the left overs I may be able to put it down in the nest boxes too. Technically the coop is 6x8 actually because we made the platform/frame bigger to accommodate nest boxes and a potential storage area but there is a wall between them so the actual coop is 4x8 and yeah. Probably won't have enough for the storage area but that's fine, won't get that worn out anyway. If I do decide to put it down, there's another discount store that has linoleum cheap we can just get some more. We also have the pop door finished but my dad doesn't like it so he's gonna redo it. All we have after that is the roosts and the exterior walls. Not sure if we're gonna clapboard/siding them or paint or what. And of course the run. My dad just wants to move the dog kennel over for now but I think it's ugly and also want to build one so we'll see. We've already spent so much time on this coop, started working on it late March/early April, and were working really well but then halted for a couple months until recently, so I kind of just want to get it finished and chickens moved and I'm sure my dad does too. But then again a run could be done fairly quickly. We'll see. All I know is the chickens need to move. At this rate we won't even have it finished by winter
1f602.png
but we're actually pretty close to being done now. OH. And also windows and vents. Still have to add those. And put hardware cloth under the eaves. But that's all fairly fast too

Back
Top Bottom