post your chicken coop pictures here!

It's slowly coming along.

Nice coop! Love the rustic look of the knotty pine, are you going to stain it :) or paint? :(
I am not sure. I was thinking a light stain because the wood is so beautiful but I also found a great coop on pinterest that is painted Grey and purple that I am obsessed with. Maybe paint some purple and stain the gray?

Has anyone had any experience with the company that sells chicken runs called "chicken safe"? They seem to be sorta pre-fab and you have to put them together. Claims to be very safe from predators. Web site chickensafe.com. Any info appreciated.

I went to the site and i actually think I've looked at them before surprisingly haha

I'm sure they are predator safe but they seem really expensive for what it is.

You could buy a huge roll of 1/2" hardware cloth or 2x4 welded wire and some wood or T posts or something like that for way cheaper and make your own. Could also use the hoop coop idea (you can look it up but basically it's made with cattle pannels and you bend them into a hoop). Or if you like the prefab thing, you could buy a chainlink dog kennel of similar size.

But all that said, if it's made with hardware cloth or something similar (NOT chicken wire) then it should definitely be predator proof and if you want to not build and have the money then ues it should work. Although there might be other prefab things that are better or cheaper so look around.

What size were you thinking of getting?

Back
Top Bottom