Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

7 eggs and waiting. I havent bothered them at all except to change water and put in food. Im hoping to walk out one morning and see a big happy family. On all the others I havent really cared. I hate to say it. My hearts not into all the duckling care like days of old. I dont mind taking care of maybe 30 just not a coupla hundred. I have sold some of different ducklings. But lets just say there might be some exotics floating around here too.
lau.gif
All I really want are the baikal,cans and magellan babies this year. My cubans are laying again as are shovelers,Am widgeons , canvasbacks and a few others. I had a pleasant surprise the other day. A manderin male was outside my pen the other day checking it out . Might have been some of last years floaters. I stepped right on a big black snake yesterday while in a rush . He struck but missed. A friend of mine is going to buy up most of my adult breeders here. Ive already cut back alot. But Im going to get some redbreastedgeese, tragopans and Impeyans again this fall if all goes well. Less birds but alot mo money LOL! Whats on your wish list?

Last edited:
I have maybe $500 in eggs waiting to hatch. If I sell all those then ill spend $30 on some ruddy shelducks and be done this year so I can have college money but who knows I get a real bad itch in the fall when the auctions are going on and I have been wanting some mergansers and tragopans. Hope your eggs hatch for and u get some Baikal and cans this year.

Sadiew: looks good! My domestic ducks aren't as fortunate as yours. Just a feed tub and some old blue barrels for nest boxes.

carbon filters from walmart with scotch bright pads all placed I n a skimmer box that flows into where the pump is. An old sand filter and pump from a swimming pool will work also. The water still needs changed after a couple weeks because of the ammonia and nitrogen levels but as long as you use an algaecide that's safe it stays relatively clear....as clear as duck water can bw that is.

carbon filters from walmart with scotch bright pads all placed I n a skimmer box that flows into where the pump is. An old sand filter and pump from a swimming pool will work also. The water still needs changed after a couple weeks because of the ammonia and nitrogen levels but as long as you use an algaecide that's safe it stays relatively clear....as clear as duck water can bw that is.
does that keep the poop from biulding up? or is that just to keep the water clean i want a cement pond but i am not sure how to keep the poop and mud cleared out of it.

our new pond,,still really muddy,,ducks love it!

This pond has an overflow into the ditch behind it...easy to refresh.

Back
Top Bottom