Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

ok,,how do some of you have real plants in there with your ducks,and not have them all eaten up?? Today I bought some marshy plants,and will plnat them around the pond,but in a large container so they don't eat them! I'll post that after I'm done :)

The biggest thing of all is to have the plants in the pens BEFORE you add the ducks. It makes all the difference in the world. Try some Irises or pompas grass. Im going to try it one last time by putting in a buttload of them in hopes of they cant eat em all at once and hopefully forget about the landscaping.. If this dont work it aint never gonna happen for me. Unless you have the plants established first I think its impossible. I tried just one big pompas grass and they chewed it to shreads in a day if you can believe it and all you gotta do is look at one and it cuts ya. LOL!

Thank you Kansas Kid.

My Duck pond is a corner bath I had and sunk it half in ground and then built up around it, to clean it I just pull the plug out and it washes away down into draining pipe system we attached to the drain and that drains into the rain gulley then down into waste water pipe. Takes about 5 mins to empty quick brush and clean then 10 mins to reflll, very easy. Plants I planted in before putting ducks in area and rest I plant on outside of run. When they are out free ranging its the grass plants they love to eat :)
I love my ducks to bits and they are spoilt.

That cane type grass I have in there they wont even touch and for some reason they didn't bother the wheat in there too much either or the honey suckle. But of course I planted all of it in there full size anyhow so they didn't get a chance to eat the small sprouts

I have yet to build the duck enclosure. I really need to get started on it soon so I can get them outside, but I am helping to finish build the privacy fence, so that has our time right now. Plus I am in no hurry to put my babies outside. I will be leaving at the end of July and begining of August, which is about the time they should be getting outside, but I want to be home when they go out so I can keep a close eye and know that they are ok, instead of worrying 24/7.

I have the pond already. It's a cement pond my Dad and I made years ago. We really don't use it that much anymore, so the ducks can have it. We are figuring out ways to filter and clean it regularly. My Dad refuses to have a kiddy pool in the backyard, even if it is for the ducks and it's easier to clean
roll.png

Here's our pond.

our new pond,,still really muddy,,ducks love it!

This pond has an overflow into the ditch behind it...easy to refresh.

Still working on Design and the look of the pond but here is a few pictures.

I have yet to build the duck enclosure. I really need to get started on it soon so I can get them outside, but I am helping to finish build the privacy fence, so that has our time right now. Plus I am in no hurry to put my babies outside. I will be leaving at the end of July and begining of August, which is about the time they should be getting outside, but I want to be home when they go out so I can keep a close eye and know that they are ok, instead of worrying 24/7.

I have the pond already. It's a cement pond my Dad and I made years ago. We really don't use it that much anymore, so the ducks can have it. We are figuring out ways to filter and clean it regularly. My Dad refuses to have a kiddy pool in the backyard, even if it is for the ducks and it's easier to clean
roll.png

Here's our pond.

WOW THEY ARE ALL AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom