Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KansasKid, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Mallardmomma21

Mallardmomma21 Hatching

Jun 23, 2013
    do you know where you can get mandarins in louisiana

2. KansasKid

KansasKid Songster

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Destin- the only thing I have left at the house is a pair of Amherst and a ruddy shelduck male. Plus a hanful of domestics. The mergansers died on me , something got the ruddy hen...and I couldn't keep a pheasant chick alive for nothing. Hope things went better for you?

As far as pumps go its an Oiless sump pump form atwoods and I think I explained how I was filtering it on one of these pages.

3. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    I had about my regular hatchout on stuff .I did lose a couple dozen assorted babies due to a pen escape. Only one gosling hatchout but he lived.Not bad all in all.If my baikal eggs turn out fertile in a month Ill be real happy. I dont use any filtration on my pond

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. KansasKid

KansasKid Songster

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    That's good to hear. Have my fingers crossed for ya on the baikals!

5. tadpole98

tadpole98 Songster

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    nice thread! Im trying to come up with some ideas for a nicer area for my three ducks (soon to be 2.. only ones a girl[​IMG])
    Right now I have a temporary mini chicken coop with a plastic baby pool inside Premier One portable netting.. [​IMG]

6. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chirping

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    soooo,i have completely fallen in love with ornamentals/wildfowl! the problem is that i will probably will be moving house in a year-2 years so i don't want to build an aviary because i will have to take it all down again when we move so i have to wait like 2 years!!! my patience is aweful.

anyway i have already planned it and i will se what your guys think.

so it will be about 16x60 and i was wondering how many birds i will be able to fit in there comfortably. i am looking at mandarins,wood ducks,teals,pintails,widgens and whistling ducks.

i would like to be able to sell some of the offspring. presumably that mean i need 2 pairs of each variety so i can sell unrelated pairs (male from one pairs clutch and female from the others.)

what do you think of this plan? i am aware i may not be able have all these breeds but yeh.... your verdict will decide!

7. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chirping

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    bump

8. KansasKid

KansasKid Songster

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Or you could make a small one now that could easily be taken apart and moved later and Then you could build new or add on later. I'm using a green house frame now to rehab a kestrel and works great. It could easily be unbolted and moved somewhere...as far as your other questions I'll have to answer tomorrow when I'm more awake (2:24 am here)

9. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chirping

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    we don't really have enough space in our current property,good idea though and i hoe your kestrel does well!

no problem about answering the other questions tomorrow!

10. perfect poultry

perfect poultry In the Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I love finally finding people around my age who love waterfowl I am so excited [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: