Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

I use the same stock tank as my koi pond. Don't have to worry about raccoons shedding this on. Had deer fall into it once or twice. They made it back out, but surely got scarred. It is incredible how sturdy it is and it can withstand strong freezing winters. Our tank is set into the soil and was once frozen half way down! Never cracked. It has been in use for 8 years now. I wish they would made them in this diameter only have the depth. Would make cleaning for the ducks easier. For now we use kiddie pools with drain valve on the side for our ducks. Koi pond is off limits.

Wow, in my next life I am coming back as a duck and coming to live with you all....so get ready. Those avaries are so nice.

Alright: it's Update time.

Here are some new pics. I didn't get nearly as much as I wanted done, but I knida ran out of screws and a 14 year old can only buy so many things.
barnie.gif

54376_imag0021.jpg

54376_imag0022.jpg

54376_imag0023.jpg

54376_imag0024.jpg

Here's some plants that I bought: Pampas. Of course I didn't have enough money to buy anymore , so it's waiting time. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some more next month as well as a pond, filter, etc.

54376_imag0025.jpg

Here's a view looking from the driveway to the back of the aviary, it's 20 ft. long by 10ft. wide.

54376_imag0026.jpg

I might have some more pics throughout the week.

Haha i no what you mean. Seems like there is never any money to go towards anything around here. It'll be a while before my pen is even ready to house any birds. (and by that i mean christmas)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
OK new thing I need to see The entrences! I'm planning my door now and need to get a good idea what it is gonna look like so i can get my materials this weekend. (hopefully)

I don't have ducks, but I'd sure like to be a duck that would be owned by you guys! Wow, Some of these need to be entered into some type of gardening/home article! Gosh, even the "Modest" ones are nice!

I've tried an assortment of grasses, the only kind my duck don't eat or sleep on is my black mondo grass, which is very pretty. Another unique plant my ducks ignore are voodoo lilies, they look like beautiful mini palms trees and are great accents around the pond. They are both perennials and require little/no care.

I know it kind of sounds weird me asking how people made their doors, but i would just like some ideas on how to make it look good, make it strong, and how big to make it. I've made some in the past and you would think that i would learn from trial and error but I seem to forget how i built them in the first place.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom