Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First eggs on 12/29/2009 from 20 week old white Leghorn Mrs. White and Silver Lace Cochin Bigfoot.
big_smile.png

43801_img_1787.jpg

I GOT MY VERY FIRST EGG TODAY!!!!!

It was the mean Cinnamon Queen, Lucy that I've been having trouble with. Glad I didn't trade her!!!

Here is it next to a Large white store bought egg...

Finally! We received this little gift the day after Christmas from our 29-week-old Silkie, Whitman. Now if only the others would start laying...

40213_004.jpg

Next to a store-bought brown egg for size comparison:

40213_005.jpg

Got our first egg today from our 23 week old Buff Orpington!
42828_dscn1442.jpg

The egg to the right is a fake medium wooden egg from the feed store for comparison but she pushed the fake one off to the side to lay hers. Apparently all the pep talks, the begs, the pleads for "Breakfast chickens! Where's my breakfast! I'm not eating breakfast until you make me breakfast!" have now finally payed off. Lol now my mentor has told me to leave the egg there for a few days for them to get used to what they are supposed to be doing. Ugh.. I'm hungry... She is so awesome though. When we went to get our chooks I saw her and she looked so much like me, being a red head, that I had to get her. We red heads gotta stick together haha!
42828_dscn1437.jpg

This pic was taken as I quickly opened the egg door to take the pic less then a minute before she started that egg song to my suprise! She was hanging out in there for at least two hours solid before doing the deed. Note the fake egg in the top right corner lol.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Two thumbs up!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I've never heard the theory of leaving the first egg in the nest...thankfully my hens are smarter than me and figured out what to do. That first egg made me feel like Charlie Bucket...on the way back to the house, I think I may have even sang "'Cause I've got a golden ticket. I've got a golden chance to make my way, And with a golden ticket, it's a golden day"
wee.gif

Congrats everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom