Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very dissipointed in my girls ....... 4 + months old and still.....no eggs!
idunno.gif

I still love them though!
love.gif

Last edited:
Yea, this is our first ever egg
smile.png
It was small and green and lovely. Cleo, one of our 2 EE chickens laid it on friday, and Latifah (other EE) has since joined the party with her own green eggs. We have had 4 total from 2 chickens. Strange, I thought our other two would beat them to the egg party as they are Rhode Island Reds and thier egg laying reputation preceeds them. The RIR combs are completley red and developed. I guess it won't be long now. Our daughter is five and the egg fits perfectly in her hand.

59517_73652_10150121342909778_788304777_7769370_1250978_n.jpg

Congrats to all who finally have eggs!!!!! For those who are curious, It took our EE's 25 -26 weeks and who knows when RIR's Sookie and Lucille will join them.

Lisa

Quote:
Just got Georgia O'Keefe's egg - eggactly 3 weeks after her sis! ~33 1/2 weeks. I would post a photo for you all... but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference! Martha and Georgia have the same color eggs.
tongue.png
We are happy. We got two aqua eggs yesterday, one kinda little and one regular Martha size and I told my husband that Georgia had finally laid. He thought Martha must have laid late last night and then again in the morning. Today I did a nest watch every 45 minutes or so and caught Georgia in the box that had the egg yesterday, and then her leaving (singing), then the nice warm egg. Her sister had laid earlier in the day.
big_smile.png
And I think Martha and Georgia have the other girls producing more - we are having an uptick in the number of other eggs as well. Yahooooo!!!
wee.gif

Oh my gosh!!!! guys my chickens just started laying. and one morning i woke up and heard one chicken yapping so i went out there and in between my girl snowflakes legs in a nest was a giant egg! and i mean GIANT!!! this thing is huge just look at it!

65075_hopes_pics_386.jpg

this is snowflake

65075_hopes_pics_724.jpg

this is snowflakes egg on the right compared to a extra large store bought egg on the left

65075_hopes_pics_726.jpg

this is snowflakes egg on the right compared to one of our other girls normal egg

scaled.php

First egg

First two eggs:

76700_10150091498115288_694165287_7664821_7542867_n.jpg

Just loved how the fresh eggs didn't go all watery and thin. I've never had an egg white as tasty or as thick! We've had 3 eggs since!

(the one today, she laid at 5pm -- it's dark here at 5pm... is that even supposed to happen?)

Quote:
Hang in there lilchickcoop. Two of my girls didn't lay until 32 weeks old! They are still young- they'll get to it when they are ready and it will be well worth the wait
big_smile.png

59765_img_1662.jpg

From our 23 week old australorp Ruby!
smile.png

The dark one is the real egg, the lighter one is the dummy egg

I got my first Americauna egg today, too! It was laying in the middle of the floor.
big_smile.png

50168_blue_and_brown_eggs.jpg

Here it is beside one of my Buff Orpington's brown eggs.
wee.gif

Sher Morrow 2 Bearded Collies, 2 cats, 4 calves, 9 guineas, 10 Heritage turkeys, and 60+ chickens, 9 ducks and one bossy goose.

wee.gif
I GOT AN EGG!!!!
wee.gif

I didn't realize how excited I would be when I found it!! I started hootin and hollaring around the back yard! Pretty sure my neighbors think I'm nuts! It's so perfect and cute!!! It was eithe my RIR or Partridge Rock- both 26 weeks! I'm so proud of them!!
Here's a link to my photobucket album if anyone would like to see my cute little egg!!
http://m965.photobucket.com/albums/...7mykOsuQxBDw2CQWFteX6lwjZnGpQQMlInzfpdQpqH30=
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom