Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first egg from 25weeks old SS!!!!
57324_079.jpg

I was sooo worry about them. My husband started talking about we are going to have chicken on Thanksgiving because they are not laying.
But finally got first one today!!!
wee.gif

This is my first egg, laid yesterday afternoon! It is from one of my three Easter Eggers, although I am not sure which one as none of them are all that red in the comb or wattles. I suspect it is the one that I see my roo breeding with quite often. Anyway, she laid it on the coop floor, so I purchased some golf balls last night to place in the nest boxes. Hopefully she gets the right idea.

The egg is quite small, but it's perfect in every other way: good color, good shape, and perfect shell. My flock just turned 18 weeks old on Tuesday.

150295_10150114486458835_812048834_7657960_4399089_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was right, it is the one I suspected. I was in cleaning the coop yesterday and she was in one of the nesting boxes. Took her a bit, but she finally laid an egg. Then she sat on the egg for a good 10 mins. before I finally shooed her off the nest. She was none too happy with me-good thing I was wearing gloves! Now I am watching for the rest of them to start laying. So far nothing today.

Well I finally got my pics uploaded. This is my very first 1st egg ever . A gift from Eve my Leghorn which she laid out on the ground in her tractor/pen on11/4 . She is now laying daily!
58292_1106101240.jpg

This is Eve my little sweetie with her inspiration. She is so loving, she even hops up to greet my DH w/o treats. Mcmurray Hatchery has a reputation for friendly Leghorns and she does them proud.
58292_1106101854.jpg

Awww...
love.gif
...found a first egg from one of the Buff Orpingtons yesterday, tucked in the corner on the floor of their coop. I don't think they were too pleased with the nest box arrangement I had, so re-built nest boxes today. When I was done, the two Buffys spent the afternoon checking out the new set up. The BO's are the most mature of the five pullets; all were hatched June 1st, this year, so 21-ish weeks old. Awww...
love.gif

The photo shows the BO's first egg - the brown one - and one of the Bantam Leghorn's little darlings:

52531_dscn2287_2143.jpg

Here is a picture of my Plymouth White Rock's first egg after 23 weeks. Not sure if it is a medium or small, what are the weight ranges of the different sizes? Like the picture shows about the size of a golf ball.

62029_firstegg11-8-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom