Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the birds in my mixed flock of Easter Eggers, Black Sex-Links and Red Sex-Links started laying today! The birds are all 23.5 weeks old and have provided me with three small brown eggs! I am especially pleased because it's a cold winter and they live in an unheated coop which also has no supplementary light. I expected them to start laying much later than this!
64761_imgp5529.jpg

I got my first egg from Lisbeth, the Welsumer, today. I can't tell you how happy I am to get it because I was afraid she was having trouble laying. There have been softshelled eggs under the roost almost every day right where she sits, but now I know they weren't hers.

The egg:

60454_lisbeths_first_egg.jpg

and Lovely Lisbeth: (taken 6 weeks ago)

60454_lisbeth.jpg

This is a picture of my new Egg Skelter (from England) with her egg and end of the row.

60454_skelter.jpg

Last edited:
My EE finally laid. She's 10 months old. Only one left to go, my Welsummer, also 10 months.

45723_green_egg_sm.jpg

Quote:
Thanks, Sharol -- your link didn't turn up on my Internet search earlier today -- I've now written to both sources to get price + shipping to US. Question: my eggs run from small to Jumbo, does anything other than small to medium work on the one you got?? Thanks!

I can't really answer that. The large egg from the lady I used to buy eggs from before my girls started laying fits fine, and it looks like there woud be plenty of room for anything but an eggzilla.

Sharol

Quote:
Thanks, Sharol -- your link didn't turn up on my Internet search earlier today -- I've now written to both sources to get price + shipping to US. Question: my eggs run from small to Jumbo, does anything other than small to medium work on the one you got?? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom