Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn! could have sworn I had posted this morning. After waiting 11 days eggs 2 & 3 finally arrived. A peewee and a large
wee.gif

92714_gedc0383.jpg

Hopefully regular production is starting.

First Egg Saturday Sept 17th 2011

OK This is as cool as it gets. The girls were making a racket so my wife and I went out to check.

One of the hens was in the house part of the coop. My coop design is such that when you open the

door the floor is at waste height. A hen was "nesting" in the front corner so I petted her and she did not

move. My wife told me to lift up her tail. When I did we could see the egg "crowning" and we actually

saw her lay the first egg! What timing.
87510_first_egg.jpg

Last edited:
91661_first_egg.jpg

First egg.

91661_first_egg_hen.jpg

The layer is an 18 and a half week old BO hen (we can call her that now!
D.gif
) from efowl! Love my girls.

I took out tomatoes and grapes left over from lunch and knew something was up when I only counted 4. I went looking for her and she would not move from her spot. I cleaned the family room and watched out the window for her to show up out side. The PULLETS act afraid of it! I picked it up to show them and they all ran! So exciting.

Last edited:
My second flock of girls is starting to lay. The green egg on the left came from Precious (the black chicken), and the brown one on the right from a Buff Orpingong (Marlena). Marlena laid her first egg at 19.5 weeks, and Precious at 20 weeks. Amazing.

60454_neweggssm.jpg

The middle egg is a large egg from a Delaware.

60454_precious_9-11.jpg

Precious (the little green egg)

60454_marlena_9-11.jpg

Marlena the BO

Last year, I got my first egg at 22 weeks (from a Campine), so I was really surprised when Marlena started squatting. 2 down, 3 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom