Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant wait for my girls to start laying should be with in the next week. so i told my wife go ahead and buy some eggs that way they will start laying theirs..lol
jumpy.gif

OUR FIRST EGG! It was such a thrill finding it, I wish I knew which of the girls was the egg donor!

First egg from our Buff Orpingtons a few wks ago at 21 wks
and
our first Easter Egger egg TODAY!!!! (also 21wks)
Is it normal to be THIS Egg-cited!!!
wee.gif

I have noticed my kids call these chicken eggs all others are "store eggs"
smile.png

Last edited:
Not my *first* egg, but my first LARGE egg! This is egg #6 total, but the 5 previous eggs have been peewee eggs from my sweet little 20 week pullets. This one is a true large on my egg scale, woohoo!!

Surprise! I went to see if Bonnie gave me egg #2 today, but instead I found one from Stella, one of my Easter Eggers. It is a beauty. Had some blood on the outside, but I can't imagine that is too unusual. Ouch! A nice light blue/green. Bonnie has been in the nesting box a lot today, she's probably going to lay soon. They sure are noisy about all of this egg-laying business - pipe down girls or we'll get busted :)

For all you folks experiencing your first eggs...

We had our very first about 10 days ago. I had read that they would be small and would get larger. I can confirm that. One of our red sex-links has laid every single day since she started, and as of today, the egg is larger than a supermarket jumbo. The other one has only skipped one day, and they're gaining, too...but not quite as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom