Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to share this weeks eggs. We collected 5 eggs so far this morning!!
light one is from a silver wyndotte and the dark one from different red sex links.

Oh the carton was full but dh ate 2 LOL

also one the eggs he ate when cracked had 3 tiny brownish specks what were those, he ate it anyway

Last edited:
Flash washed out the color. Maybe I shouldn't have it on such a dark background either.

We got a new layer Saturday. It was one of the Barred Rocks (the kids saw her in the nest box, I had to yell at them to leave her alone so she would do her business where we want it done). I'm surprised that she was the first one since the BRs are the youngest pullets (excluding the bantams). I've got 4 sex links, and 2 reds and everything I've read says (Red/Links) tend to produce early and since they were also older by a week or two (depending upon which breed we're comparing to), I thought for sure they were going to be laying before the BRs.

And here's a funny photo of eggs my 8 yr old son cracked (trying to teach him some basics of cooking).

CG

Princess and Buttercup both laid their first eggs at 21 weeks at exactly the same time! The whole neighborhood heard the excitement,,starting at 6 am. The process took hours of unladylike squacking,,resulting in two eggs at noon.The other one was trampled into the shaving and not suitable for viewing. The next day was quiet and subdued,,no eggs. The girls seem tired!

Princess and Buttercup both laid their first eggs at 21 weeks at exactly the same time! The whole neighborhood heard the excitement,,starting at 6 am. The process took hours of unladylike squacking,,resulting in two eggs at noon.The other one was trampled into the shaving and not suitable for viewing. The next day was quiet and subdued,,no eggs. The girls seem tired!
First, that's hilarious! They're adorable and look quite proud! Mine just started laying...they seem more tired these days too! Weird

Glad I found this thread...I get to share our first Mille Fleur egg! Laid just today by our 5 month old pullet, Princess (my children named her). Shown next to a Speckled Sussex egg for size reference......

goodpost.gif
I love this thread, and first egg pictures!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

celebrate.gif
ya.gif
yesss.gif
wee.gif

You guys give me my "egg-citment" fix when I don't get any eggs in the nest box to pick up from my girls!!!!
barnie.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I finally got an egg from my little Golden Sebright today!!! She's 5 months old. My Golden Comets and Tetra Tints the same age started laying the first week of July (quite early in my opinion). I do have a Golden Sebright Roo, but I've never seen him try to mate with her so I don't think it's fertile, but I can't wait till they are!! It's so tiny compared to my Golden Comet pullet egg in the picture with it.

This is the only good pic I got of my first Serama egg (just got her today, she laid it in the cat crate I brought her home in) before I dropped it on the counter and cracked it
barnie.gif

(excuse the numbers, I have OCD and must date every egg I get, even if I'm going to eat it 5 minutes later...) But isn't she gorgeous?
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom