Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo I found out who was laying the mystery egg............... It was Pinkie Pie, one of the cayugas! I couldn't believe it when I caught her in the chicken nesting barrel and when she came out there was another 'mystery egg' hot off the press!

I was not expecting that at all, I know each duck, chicken..etc has her own special egg color it's just such a drastic difference between her and the other 2 cayugas(Queenie & Penelope)

My new Australorp just laid her first egg since being with us, a little bit smaller than the RIR eggs her old friend lays but such a gorgeous flat creamy light brown color
wee.gif
so happy to finally be getting a few eggs a day!!!!!!!
D.gif

After you got your hen, how long did it take her to get used to your place and lay you your first egg? Curious since I have raised my chickens from day old and just recently took an already laying australorp(Onyx) last week and then this evening a RIR laying hen(helping my friend down size on her older birds) no eggs from Onyx yet - I'm hoping that maybe with a old friend of hers coming to the family will help them along - Onyx is doing really well though, she now will leave the fowl yard and go explore with my other chickens -fingers crossed for eggs!

I got Barb and Tina on a Tuesday and got Stella on Wednesday (the next day). I knew Stella was laying already but wasn't sure about the other two. Stella laid on that Saturday (3 days after getting her). The other two laid on Monday and Tuesday (I'm not sure which laid on which day).

Well, I wasn't expecting to get an egg this soon, but hooray! :D Just brought our trio home yesterday from the livestock swap, and someone already laid an egg!

Not sure who, though. The three we picked up are a Delaware, an Easter Egger (both around 4-6 mos.), and a red sex-link (about 1.5 yrs.). So I'm expecting two brown layers and a blue, but this was kind of a pale egg, so maybe the EE is going to lay "pink" eggs instead? Here's the girls in their little tent-coop. Hoping in a week to have them out and about. :)

Soooooo I found out who was laying the mystery egg............... It was Pinkie Pie, one of the cayugas! I couldn't believe it when I caught her in the chicken nesting barrel and when she came out there was another 'mystery egg' hot off the press!

I was not expecting that at all, I know each duck, chicken..etc has her own special egg color it's just such a drastic difference between her and the other 2 cayugas(Queenie & Penelope)

My new Australorp just laid her first egg since being with us, a little bit smaller than the RIR eggs her old friend lays but such a gorgeous flat creamy light brown color
wee.gif
so happy to finally be getting a few eggs a day!!!!!!!
D.gif

Congrats!!!

So here is a photo of Pinkie Pie's(cayuga duck with something else in her blood I'm thinking) biggest egg so far! jumped in size for sure! OUCH -- In my hand the left egg is her biggest & on the right is the largest store bought that I have left over. In the bowl are 2 more of Pinkie's eggs(way smaller) & a tiny egg from either Queenie or Penelope(also cayuga). It's such a great time going out to collect. It's like an easter egg hunt on guessing which nesting area to check first
ya.gif

It was a double yolker - giant yolks (I was going to take a picture but got so into cracking open the eggs I just automatically started beating them for scrambled eggs.
hu.gif

This egg makes her second double yolker so far- in her early career

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom