Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first eggs from the layers I just got! (I just got my ducklings out of my house (no room in the shed, and no garage) so no chicks for me!) I'm not sure who laid them...I have an EE/Ameracauna...not sure which yet...a New Hampshire, and an Isa Brown...I think the little brown one if from the Isa and the bigger lighter brown is from the New Hampshire...but it might be a pink...meaning I for sure have an EE...at any rate, I'm a happy mama!

I got my first blue copper marans egg today! She was hanging around in the coop for a while and I was hoping to finally get an egg, I have 4 blue coppers that are 26 wks. old. Hopofully some of the other ones start laying soon. I included some wheaten ameraucana eggs and a silkie egg for comparison, the marans egg is pretty small but I bet the eggs get bigger once they're laying a while because they're huge chickens and thy hatched out of big eggs.

Sweet! I got another first marans egg this morning! It's really speckled! She laid it right out in the yard after breakfast
tongue.png
Hopefully she gets the hang of it and lays in the nest box next time. Here's a pic of it next to the one I got yesterday.

Last edited:

I got my first blue copper marans egg today! She was hanging around in the coop for a while and I was hoping to finally get an egg, I have 4 blue coppers that are 26 wks. old. Hopofully some of the other ones start laying soon. I included some wheaten ameraucana eggs and a silkie egg for comparison, the marans egg is pretty small but I bet the eggs get bigger once they're laying a while because they're huge chickens and thy hatched out of big eggs.

Lovely colors! It truly is such an amazing moment when your looking around, hopeful that you'll stumble upon an egg, when BAM there's one!! Here's to the rest of all our birds starting up with laying before winter!
jumpy.gif

I got my first egg ever from my 19 week old SS hen Betty on Oct. 10th. She layed
it in the nest box. I was so excited! She has layed one every other day since. such a good girl!

I was so disappointed there was no more eggs yesterday or this morning. Do they start slow?? I thought once one started there would be another egg the next day.
sad.png
I am now getting 4 eggs every other day, 3 eggs on the other days. so, I guess I have one skipping a day. 2 green and 2 brown!! Yeah!!! I'm not sure who is and who's not!! I haven't been able to catch anyone busy in the coop!! I've been eating a lot more scrambled eggs lately!!!
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom